A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Ignition lock Defective, switch replaced!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition lock Defective, switch replaced!

Hello Audi drivers!

I had a problem with my Audi A6 C6. short story:
At the beginning the car did not always turn off the radio, AC and all the other things, when i took out the key from the ignition switch. i had to jiggle the key in the switch, for the car to sense that the key is out. and of course, when not sensing the key is out the remote lock/unlock did not work.
After a couple of months, the jiggle trick did not work anymore, and i got an error on the dash: Ignition lock defective!
The car did not lock the steering anymore, and the radio was always on. i had to turn them off manually and lock the car by the key in drivers door.
I took apart the ignition lock and i found that the first mico-switch (out of the 4) was dammged. That was the micro-switch that was sensing the key in and out. i replaced the micro switch, and not the car is sensing the key, it turns everything off when i remove the key from the ignition switch, it lock the steering column.
i erased all the error codes with VCDS.
AND here comes the TRICKY part!
every time i stop the car and turn the engine off, the remote control key (lock/unlock) works perfect for 1 min. after that the remote on the key dose not lock or unlock the car anymore. i have to do it manually.
if i put the key again in the ignition switch and turn on the car i once again, get the ignition lock defective error on the dash! turn the car off and then on again, error is gone, and the remote is working again for 1 min.
Replaced remote battery and did a resync!
any ideas?