A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

I'm in Texas but what are '07's going for around the states?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I bought one, Here's the details...

Well I just bought an A6! The MSRP on this model was 64,670 and I came in at 59K. Talk about taking offense. LOL. He did his pitch about how "rare" this car is in the style I wanted. We went back and forth and I ended up getting it for 63,670 with the 4year maintenance on top of that. What do you guys think of that. Here are the specs.

2007 A6 4.2
Technology PKG
S-Line w/ 19" rims.
Color: Phantom Black
Leather: Black

Thoughts?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:41 PM

Not to be an a$$, but that sounds like a car salesman line.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:19 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T/J - they gave you winter mats for the C6? I've been looking all over for them. OEM?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Well I bought one, Here's the details...

Sounds like a great deal to me. I special ordered a 4.2 with air supension, adaptive cruise, etc. but got only $1K off list (didn't use financing). The A6 is pretty popular in the NYC area, which probably worked against me.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No cap cost reduction other than TTL and 1st payment.

Also a correction. My payment is $925. Don't know where they heck I got $850 from. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Anyway, I paid tax/title/license plus first months payment only. Those came to about $6000. Other than that, no cap cost reduction.

In IL, fortunately (or unfortunately) only the city of Chicago taxes the lease payment. My town does not, so no the payment does not include any tax.

If I can find my paperwork, I'll post the money factor as well.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I believe they are OEM. They had to order them for me.

I'll check the part number and update this posting.

They're not as nice as what I had for my '02 A6 (not as thick) but they seem to acceptable.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sounds like a good deal to me.

They're just not dealing on these cars. The 4.2s at least. Tell them you want the maintenance package tossed in as well!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update on the deal I got... (PLEASE READ)

Well I've got an update on the deal I made with the dealership. During early negotiations, the sales guy tried to tell me he was saving me $2000.00 by throwing in the 4year service plan; In fact he kept on mentioning it. Then when I agreed on the $1000 off MSRP plus 4-year service I noticed that it retails for 550.00 when you buy the car. So I emailed him back and corrected him for thinking he was saving ME 2K when in actuality ANYONE can get that deal and buy it over the counter for $550. When he called me back he proceeded to argue with me about how I was wrong and he's sorry that I misunderstood him. And then of course how they're not making any money because they're shipping it from Iowa and they're paying for that which was going to cost $280 (he mentioned that the previous day). He also back tracked and said that it was going to cost over $1000 to ship the car, which I quick addressed only to be told that I was mistaken again. At this point I was so pissed off I was nearly yelling in the phone, at Sam's Club (lol), telling him not to speak to me like that and and to not treat me like I'm buying some domestic POS. So I told him either sell it to me for 63K plus ttl or I walk. I live in Houston where there is 3 Audi dealerships but I wanted to do business with the Austin one because he was very aggressive in finding the one I wanted. He at first said no way, and then AGAIN told me how I was wrong for misunderstanding and that they shouldn't lose money because of it. Hilarious. He did the whole "let me speak with my manager" and then went on about how this is a great deal (again). At that point I just hung up on him. A couple of hours later the sales maanger calls me apologizing up and down about the salesman's attitude and this is not how they do business and he's new and still learning. Whatever! He sounded like a punk kid who just move over from the used Ford lot. LOL. So anyway, I got it for 63 plus TTL. What a lousy buying experience.

I'm not sure if I got a deal or not but a 64,670 MSRP for 63K plus the 4-year service plan is alright by me.

Biggus
Old 10-21-2006, 04:02 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I'd really appreciate that.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:59 PM

Who was the Beasley salesperson?

Quick Reply: I'm in Texas but what are '07's going for around the states?