A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Ink on A6 leather seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ink on A6 leather seat

This is probably a strange question to ask here, but I found some blue ballpoint pen marks on the rear seat of my Amareto interior A6 S-Line! I have taken such good care of this interior, and now this happens

Does anyone have a "remedy" that they have tried on these seats and had work for them? I don't know how long the stains have been there (could be a day or a week or more). I have heard hairspray, shaving cream, alcohol, etc. - I just wonder if someone has already been through this?

Thanks in advance!

-- Brian
Old 08-08-2006, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ink on A6 leather seat

Hairspray seems to be the most popular home-grown solution. Although I've never tried it, I also have heard that bug and tar remover or non-foaming aerosol brake cleaners can remove ink stains from leather. One thought is a Tide pen, which I used to remove a red ink stain from a shirt (just speculating that it may work on leather). Anyway, you probably should do a test run with a Q-tip in a hidden area before trying anything on leather in plain view. It may discolor the leather.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 AM

Default I once removed stain from leather using leather cleaner.

I don't know if it's gonna work on your stain or not. Just a thought.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Rubbing Alcohol

Used it on grey leather just fine, but have no experience on amaretto. Just be sure that you do a test patch, would really suck if you scarred it for life.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:14 PM

Default Re: I once removed stain from leather using leather cleaner.

You can try using Laquer's All Purpose Cleaner and after that a Leather Cleaner like the Einzett Leather Cleaner.

I don't know if any of these are sold in the USA, but i think any brand of car detailing products like Mothers, Meguiars or Poorboys should have similar products.

I advise you not to use popular recipes because many of them can damage your leather, use only specific products.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default hairspray works the best, in general

once left an ink pen in a pair of pants that went into the clothes dryer - ink everywhere. wife was ready to toss it. I went to ask.com

Hairspray ( which contains acetone) removed it all. nothing else worked. including all my car products.

ink on leather is tough to get out without removing the finish. apply and blot - do not rub.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well According to the problem, you can use hair spry but at the same time if you will use the nail polish remover then also you can remove the marks from the seat.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vwnow8
This is probably a strange question to ask here, but I found some blue ballpoint pen marks on the rear seat of my Amareto interior A6 S-Line! I have taken such good care of this interior, and now this happens

Does anyone have a "remedy" that they have tried on these seats and had work for them? I don't know how long the stains have been there (could be a day or a week or more). I have heard hairspray, shaving cream, alcohol, etc. - I just wonder if someone has already been through this?

Thanks in advance!

-- Brian
Alcohol Pads, they gave them to my sister when she got her ears pierced to stop infection. You can get them at Walgreen. I am not sure if it works on Audi leather without damaging it, but it worked pretty well on our Lexus with tan leather. You will have to wipe rapidly over the pen mark and it will take a while, but it did work on the tan leather.

ps. someone told us later that the rubbing alcohol used in the pad may dry out the leather. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Have you checked with your Audi dealer? I think they sell some Audi sprays and stuff. You can also bring it to the car detail-er they do specialize in that, but they charge you a fee of course.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've used magic eraser with great results on all my cars with leather, excellent results!
Old 07-01-2010, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Their is a very good German product out there ,not to expensive.Its a spray from Zymol.Its like golden in color,for vinyl and leather.It will remove the ink and clean the leather.Pep Boys sells it.

Im sure someone will do a Johnie One up on me,but trust me it happened to my daughters A6 Taupe leather interior and I got it out.It works.Good luck

Quick Reply: Ink on A6 leather seat