A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Ink on A6 leather seat

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any parent knows...

There is one cleaning agent that will work everytime. You don't have to go out and buy it because you probably already have some in the cupboard. It's gentle, removes inks, gum, and crayon marks. Pull out the old jar of Peanut Butter. The stuff is amazing....
Old 07-07-2010, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before you try anything find a spot to test but I've had good luck with hairspray on a paper towel then wiping the area. It works really well. Another thing to try is Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I had a Saab with parchment seats and my belt would mark the back of my seat, I tried everything and the eraser worked.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cosmobeauregard
There is one cleaning agent that will work everytime. You don't have to go out and buy it because you probably already have some in the cupboard. It's gentle, removes inks, gum, and crayon marks. Pull out the old jar of Peanut Butter. The stuff is amazing....
Interesting. It must be the oil in it?
Old 07-07-2010, 09:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Peanut oil has been documented as one of the fastest natural penetrating oils on the planet. The paste that holds the peanut oil in suspension allows the compound to be applied and remain static in all directions including upside down. So I believe that the ability to keep the peanut oil indirect contact regardless of orientation makes it superior to most cleaners.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default don't use magic eraser

I would _not_ use magic eraser, Its great for hard plastics and the like, but it will actually abrade the surface of your leather (it works w/ a cleaner and by abrasion) -- and although it may get your stain out right now, in a few months the area that you used the magic eraser on will not look the same. Did this on a range rover front leather seat (my mom's) and well, I wish I'd left well enough alone. it removed the color from the surface of the leather.

I would use lexol cleaner / conditioner. A great trick is to put the conditioner on, ALOT of it in the area (i mean a ton of it) and let it sit in the sun (very hot) for a day. Then wipe it off. alot of times whatever has absorbed into the leather will "float" to the surface.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I tried fingernail polish remover & alcohol with no success. Gonna give the peanutbutter a shot.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BVegas
I would _not_ use magic eraser, Its great for hard plastics and the like, but it will actually abrade the surface of your leather (it works w/ a cleaner and by abrasion) -- and although it may get your stain out right now, in a few months the area that you used the magic eraser on will not look the same. Did this on a range rover front leather seat (my mom's) and well, I wish I'd left well enough alone. it removed the color from the surface of the leather.

I would use lexol cleaner / conditioner. A great trick is to put the conditioner on, ALOT of it in the area (i mean a ton of it) and let it sit in the sun (very hot) for a day. Then wipe it off. alot of times whatever has absorbed into the leather will "float" to the surface.
I don't think you need to use a lot of pressure but if you are worried about abrasion hairspay should get it off.