A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Intake Valve flap stuck open/closed 08 S6

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how you got a manifold from ECS, but our manifolds have been on back order for months due to Audi Corporate redesigning them from scratch. They all fail. No point in replacing the intake manifold again until the new updated part is shipped out. I'd call ECS and ask them why they shipped it to you knowing that there was a hold from corporate, unless you happened to order yours before they knew (don't see how that's possible since I placed the order for mine from JHM last month). Also, Audirevolution.net is the place where all of the C6 S6 V10 guys are regularly posting/discussing issues, experiences, etc... It may be the actuator since there aren't any new broken pieces in your manifold, but who knows. I'd just ask ECS to give you credit towards the Audi replacement whenever it ships.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh really! That's interesting news. Well I had to get one bc my flaps were breaking and one almost fell into the cylinder. I had no choice.

I'll wander over to audirev and become a member. Thanks for the heads up!!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1BADBURB
Oh really! That's interesting news. Well I had to get one bc my flaps were breaking and one almost fell into the cylinder. I had no choice.

I'll wander over to audirev and become a member. Thanks for the heads up!!
I checked ECStuning and they are indeed on back order. So it probably is best to wait for the redesigned model.

Did you have any luck at the dealer about issue with the lights on the dash?
Old 12-14-2016, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't called or gone to dealer yet. It's weird why ECS wouldn't have told me about the redesign. Maybe they were just shooting for a sale? I mean, retail on the intake is 2200 and they sold it to me for 1600. So I was pretty happy with that. Dang it... This car has been one headache after another.

Is this intake going to be a recall type issue or....?
Old 12-14-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 202 Likes on 173 Posts

I haven't called or gone to dealer yet. It's weird why ECS wouldn't have told me about the redesign. Maybe they were just shooting for a sale? I mean, retail on the intake is 2200 and they sold it to me for 1600. So I was pretty happy with that. Dang it... This car has been one headache after another.

Is this intake going to be a recall type issue or....?
Doubt ECS will recall it...although that is something I'd expect from a dealer to do, if there was a known issue with a part.

Would be interesting to better understand what the nature of the redesign is and what caused them to do so...that might explain your issue. Since, I'm finding it almost inconceivable to imagine how an ECU flash will fix anything. It's akin to changing the brakes on your car and then having to ECU flash to remove an error...nope that's just not how things work.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^^^ I def agree to your point. Somethig is being missed here. With two Audi specific Indy's looking at it and they can figure it out... I'm at a loss.
Old 03-10-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

^^^ I def agree to your point. Somethig is being missed here. With two Audi specific Indy's looking at it and they can figure it out... I'm at a loss.
1BADBURB, out of curiosity, what was the outcome of this? Did you get the problem fixed?
Old 03-13-2017, 05:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Unfortunately no... I just let it be. Haven't had a chance to take it to the Audi dealership yet.
I had other oil leaks (oil separator) and coolant leaks (tstat housing) which were more impt to get done.

One of these days, I'll drop it off and update the thread with the results.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Unfortunately no... I just let it be. Haven't had a chance to take it to the Audi dealership yet.
I had other oil leaks (oil separator) and coolant leaks (tstat housing) which were more impt to get done.

One of these days, I'll drop it off and update the thread with the results.
Ahhh the fun in owning an Audi Let us know once you get around to the flaps being looked at.