A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Jumping onto the streaming bluetooth music train!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumping onto the streaming bluetooth music train!

A few months ago I saw this available for MMI/AMI, the Audi Bluetooth Streaming Audio adapter.

http://www.audi-collection.com/itemd...Level=19&lcat=
I have an iPhone 3G which now supports streaming bluetooth with the OS 3.0 update. So I decided to order this adapter from World Impex, I'll post back to let everyone know how this works out!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need the AMI, do you have it??
Old 06-22-2009, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yet another reason why I need to hurry up and get an AMI for my car. I wish I would have known to negotiate that into the purchase when I bought it.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DrCold
Yet another reason why I need to hurry up and get an AMI for my car. I wish I would have known to negotiate that into the purchase when I bought it.
I am with ya!!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jetshine
A few months ago I saw this available for MMI/AMI, the Audi Bluetooth Streaming Audio adapter.

http://www.audi-collection.com/itemd...Level=19&lcat=
I have an iPhone 3G which now supports streaming bluetooth with the OS 3.0 update. So I decided to order this adapter from World Impex, I'll post back to let everyone know how this works out!

I would be very interested in seeing if this works with your new 3g iPhone... I have the older 2G but I've been debating about upgrading... I probably will regardless.
Old 06-22-2009, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Iphone 3G with 3.0

I just updated my 3G iphone to 3.0
I don't yet have AMI, but I was surprised to find the Voice Memo app that comes with 3.0 will playback over BT through the car stereo. During playback, the phone screen is displayed on the MMI. It made me wonder why the IPOD can't do this, or why a crafty app developer couldn't make it work.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well my adapter came on Friday, and it is very cool... bravo to Audi, this is very well done.

The "scope of delivery" (gotta love those German->English translations) included the adapter, a 32MB USB memory stick with a software update file & instruction manual, and an AMI -> USB adapter cable.

OK I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Before pairing...

Successful pairing!

Just as with an iPod, information is also displayed on the DIS

I have a Palm Pre and it works great with both the music player AND with Pandora! So I can skip forward and back using the MMI controls or the steering wheel controls.

No song info comes up on the display, but then that's pretty standard for A2DP bluetooth devices.

It automatically pauses playback on the phone when the car is turned off, and then picks up where it left off when you start up the car again. Pretty slick!

I will also try this with the iPhone, but I don't expect it to work any different.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok this is stupid that I can't edit my own post:

Old 08-15-2009, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jetshine
Well my adapter came on Friday, and it is very cool... bravo to Audi, this is very well done.

The "scope of delivery" (gotta love those German->English translations) included the adapter, a 32MB USB memory stick with a software update file & instruction manual, and an AMI -> USB adapter cable.

OK I'll let the pictures do the talking:

Before pairing...

Successful pairing!

Just as with an iPod, information is also displayed on the DIS

I have a Palm Pre and it works great with both the music player AND with Pandora! So I can skip forward and back using the MMI controls or the steering wheel controls.

No song info comes up on the display, but then that's pretty standard for A2DP bluetooth devices.

It automatically pauses playback on the phone when the car is turned off, and then picks up where it left off when you start up the car again. Pretty slick!

I will also try this with the iPhone, but I don't expect it to work any different.
I have a palm pre and a Q5 and was lokking into this. does it pair for both music and phone? what happens if you are listening to music and you get a phone call, does it switch over automatically?
Old 08-15-2009, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

By the way, I've never had an iPhone, but I can't imagine it being better than the Pre. This phone does everything, and so far it seems to dothem all well. I love it.

Quick Reply: Jumping onto the streaming bluetooth music train!