A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Is it just me or does the A6 draw more attention?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it just me or does the A6 draw more attention?

Even for me, before I acquired my A6, I was thinking about getting a car. Then I saw the restyled A4 and thought, wow, that looks good. Then I looked at the redesigned A6 and thought, WOW, that looks even better! So needless to say, I got the A6...

Now I get praise whereever I go. At the golf range, some random guy approaches me and asks me if it is the new A6, and he just admires my car. At the McDonalds drive-thru, the guy there asks me if I'm driving an Audi. People who ride in my car ask me how much my car cost and are impressed that it only cost $50,000. Overall, everyone seems impressed.

The last time I had a car that drew this much attention was when I first got the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and rebadged it... Nobody knew what the Tiburon was back then and everyone thought it was some sort of exotic car, haha.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default A6 Facelift and 3.0T Engine provided life support for the A6

Originally Posted by CrimsonT
Even for me, before I acquired my A6, I was thinking about getting a car. Then I saw the restyled A4 and thought, wow, that looks good. Then I looked at the redesigned A6 and thought, WOW, that looks even better! So needless to say, I got the A6...

Now I get praise whereever I go. At the golf range, some random guy approaches me and asks me if it is the new A6, and he just admires my car. At the McDonalds drive-thru, the guy there asks me if I'm driving an Audi. People who ride in my car ask me how much my car cost and are impressed that it only cost $50,000. Overall, everyone seems impressed.

The last time I had a car that drew this much attention was when I first got the 2003 Hyundai Tiburon and rebadged it... Nobody knew what the Tiburon was back then and everyone thought it was some sort of exotic car, haha.
The A6 has always been the staid executive luxury car. Always understated, but brimming with small details that make it hard for its owner to change brands. But most luxury car buyers are seeking something with a bit more panache and power.

Hence, Audi's facelifted A6 included the attention drawing LED daytime running lights and a wider rear tail light assembly. The 3.0T engine addressed the perceived notion that the 3.2 V6 was underpowered, when in fact it is quite stimulating during highway driving.

If indeed you are getting noticed, it more likely because the A6 is drawing attention of these new kinds of car buyers, who before, quite frankly would have never given Audi a second thought.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I think LED tail lights on the A6 look nice because of which the looks.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So your new A6 is drawing as much attention as a Hyundai?
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a 2006 Mustang GT that I supercharged. It sounded wicked and performed even more evil.

But I have never had more compliments than I get with the A6 I just bought used. It's an '06, but people still love it. Car wash guys try to get to it to dry it. I just recently got a comment from a younger guy who looked like he should like the Mustang more.

The A6 has been a really impressive looking car. And the newer models only improve on that.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter80
The A6 has been a really impressive looking car. And the newer models only improve on that.
I am one of few people who actually like the old tail lights better. Also, I like the old front grill and the old S-line front end better. The new LED in the new A6 is a nice addition.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The G Man
I am one of few people who actually like the old tail lights better. Also, I like the old front grill and the old S-line front end better. The new LED in the new A6 is a nice addition.
I was taking in the trash today and looking at the rear end of my new old car and actually found myself agreeing with you b4 I even saw you posted this. I used to like the new taillights better and thought about looking into changing my trunklid to get them, but now I think I like it better just the way it is!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea i'm still on the fence on that, but i think it takes a lot more than a new trunklid to retrofit the new rears.. prob need fenders and bumper too.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 2008A6
yea i'm still on the fence on that, but i think it takes a lot more than a new trunklid to retrofit the new rears.. prob need fenders and bumper too.
You're probably right. You can see how far i got into "looking in to it." LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CrimsonT
Wow, you made your choice mostly based on looks? I do agree though that it looks great, better than the A4, inside and out, and the bigger size is more practical for me, so I almost succumbed a couple of months ago when there were some insane incentives on the car. But I want one more manual transmission car before I surrender to an automatic.

Nobody knew what the Tiburon was back then and everyone thought it was some sort of exotic car, haha.

Quick Reply: Is it just me or does the A6 draw more attention?