A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Just updated 2006 MMI to latest - What's new?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 118 Posts
Default Just updated 2006 MMI to latest - What's new?

My car still had the original MMI software. Tonight I did the two step update to the latest version. It took a couple of hours but there were no problems. Also installed the latest Nav disk.

So other than the altitude display on the GPS, the ability of the DSP to remember its settings and the loss of the battery level meter, are there any other changes or new features?

Also - any one in CT who would like to borrow the disks please let me know. You can borrow them at no cost, I just want them back when you are done.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 174 Likes on 153 Posts

You can restore the battery level meter, as well as viewing the climate control in the MMI screen (if yours disappeared after the update like mine did).
Old 09-17-2010, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bluetooth fixes, voice control for telephone menu can be activated, no lawyer screen etc
Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
My car still had the original MMI software. Tonight I did the two step update to the latest version. It took a couple of hours but there were no problems. Also installed the latest Nav disk.

So other than the altitude display on the GPS, the ability of the DSP to remember its settings and the loss of the battery level meter, are there any other changes or new features?

Also - any one in CT who would like to borrow the disks please let me know. You can borrow them at no cost, I just want them back when you are done.
So... Where did you get the discs and how much? Also, can somone explain - does the lawyer screen disappear completely or does it appear briefly when you are dialing the phone while moving???? Does someone have the version numbers or a screenshot of the version screen I can compare?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 174 Likes on 153 Posts

The startup lawyer screen was deleted effective MY 2007, so when you do the MMI update beyond 2006 it is removed. Whoever, IIRC, a warning does appear when attempting to use the navagation, but not the phone. You can purchase the MMI discs from www.genuineaudiparts.com, or try to borrow them from another Audi owner near you.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi ScwarzS6, I need that same two step update would you be willing to let me borrow them. I am in Mass, I will pay for shipping both ways and throw in a thank you gift. PM me and let me know.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Where I can find the updates for my 2005 A6? And How I can check if I have the latest software?
Old 09-21-2010, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 164 Likes on 118 Posts

The part numbers for the disks you need are in the MMI sticky at the top of the forum. You can order them from genuinevwaudiparts.com for less than $8.00 each. If when you start your car the lawyer screen with the "Accept" button pops up then you have the original software. The newer software shows a much more graphically pleasing Audi logo splash screen.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

The part numbers for the disks you need are in the MMI sticky at the top of the forum. You can order them from genuinevwaudiparts.com for less than $8.00 each. If when you start your car the lawyer screen with the "Accept" button pops up then you have the original software. The newer software shows a much more graphically pleasing Audi logo splash screen.
I need a navigation unit to do the update right?
Old 09-21-2010, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A6Gary
You can restore the battery level meter, as well as viewing the climate control in the MMI screen (if yours disappeared after the update like mine did).
How do you restore climate control in MMI?

Quick Reply: Just updated 2006 MMI to latest - What's new?