A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Koni FSD/Eibach ProKit/KMac Camber Adjst. going in this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Koni FSD/Eibach ProKit/KMac Camber Adjst. going in this weekend

I have been looking around for a shop to install my FSD/Eibach/KMac setup and the 1st shop recommended by Tire Rack told me that they were not comfortable with the rear suspension in our car The 2nd shop I stopped by (Googled suspension) I was the one uncomfortable of having those guys work on my car, so I bounced. After a couple of days of this I had it and called the dealer. Audi said, "we will not touch anything after market, those things are nothing but trouble and headaches." I did find a shop that will be installing my setup this weekend but I cannot stop thinking about what Audi said about my setup. Can anyone with this setup share his or her experiences, thanks in advance?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should be fine. im getting the same setup installed this coming tuesday, minus the kmac camber. ive heard nothing but good reviews for the eibach/koni fsd setup.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,

These K-Mac kits have been around for some time, I've seen a number of cars with them on, they work well. Konis are also excellent, Eibach have a good name.

But you have to wonder about the dealer, what game is he playing?

It's his job to know what aftermarket stuff is good and what isn't. The customer doesn't always want factory gear and seeing as the factory offers no adjustment to the suspension - or not what you need - they should cater for your needs.
Old 08-14-2011, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jujuC6
I have been looking around for a shop to install my FSD/Eibach/KMac setup and the 1st shop recommended by Tire Rack told me that they were not comfortable with the rear suspension in our car The 2nd shop I stopped by (Googled suspension) I was the one uncomfortable of having those guys work on my car, so I bounced. After a couple of days of this I had it and called the dealer. Audi said, "we will not touch anything after market, those things are nothing but trouble and headaches." I did find a shop that will be installing my setup this weekend but I cannot stop thinking about what Audi said about my setup. Can anyone with this setup share his or her experiences, thanks in advance?
Great setup. Still waiting for my Eibachs in the mail but I'm considering oredering Konis as well. Are the Konis height adjustable with the Eibachs? Also how much did you pay for the K Macs? Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have exactly the same setup. Love it - yes it was a headache before the knack since the tires were eaten prematurely, but even that is resolved with the jams. I also have the Hr rear sway bar which u can do later - easy DIY. Ask the installer to cut the rear rubber mounts otherwise u will get a squeak in the rear when it gets wet - after u lower the car the rubber mounts are two big for that space. User turkeybaster also had the Same issue few weeks ago - do a search!! Good luck, u will enjoy the new setup. It changed my car from handling like a boat to a sports sedan!

Oh and I have winter(all season) and summer (high performance) tires - ride is tight on summer but soft on the winter tires!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Don't worry about it. Have had the Koni FSDs and s-line springs since 2007 (s-line sway bars too), and never had a problem. Will be going with the K-Macs once the distributor here gets it. Search Audiism (user name), he has the K-Mac on his hot avant.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanx all for sharing your experiences. I have good new and bad news though. The good news is that I have the pro kit and FSDs installed and I love it. Car feels tight, crisp and ride is almost the same as when I had the stock setup. I did go from 17" to 19" and I am impress with the ride quality given I now have less tire and shorter suspension travel.

The bad news is a long list. 1st, I dropped off my car this past Sat. and when I went to pick it up at the end of the day the shop told me that they had trouble and could not finish the car, wtf. They also hit me up with, "Kmacs are not really needed for this car and that the car should be fine without it". I still insisted and wanted the Kmacs installed for when I pick it up Monday. Today, I called to pick up the car and they were still working, wft. I showed up anyways and they ignore my request to install the KMacs and said that there is no need for Kmacs and that no alignment shop will even want to mess with this strange camber adjuster. I was mad as hell to hear such BS. They finished and told me that they had to add extra washers in the front to squish the top rubber mounts and eliminate front bumping noise they kept hearing. I said, wtf... I got in the car and sure enough I did not hear anything from the front like they stated. Today was pouring out and sadly I was able to hear the wet rubber creek sound from the rear you are talking about (am ver). Unfortunately I did not get your post in time so I did not point this out to them, I will when I bring it back. I also heard something loose coming from the rear passenger side. At first I thought it was something loose from the rear pass shock but then realized that it sounds from inside the cabin, I investigated but cannot determine where is coming from and what it is. Another problem is my AFS lights are going crazy now and cannot find their aiming focus. I know there was mentioning of the light sensors in the suspension but how can that be corrected? I talked to the shop with all of my b!tches about the poor job that was done on my vehicle and will be bringing the car in later this week. Hopefully I can get all of these item corrected during this 2nd and last try.

Last edited by jujuC6; 08-15-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Audi dealers are wimps with anything after-market. They don't want a lawsuit and yes, people have sued many dealers so they are prepped NEVER to install after-market gear.

Put the K-Macs in. You can't properly align the fronts without them after you lower the vehicle with new springs. I nearly junked a new set of 20" Nitto Invos upon lowering with Koni FSD's and Eibach springs within 8,000 miles. Inside tire wear was unbelievable, especially with the 20's at 9 inches wide. My stock 18's are on more than the 20's (so wife can bounce off of curbs) and we just turned 30,00 miles on our A6 Avant. All tires are evenly wearing with NO issues to speak of after about 20,000 miles and over four years lowered with K-Macs. I was not sure they would work when I bought them but the design is so simple and easy to work with it makes sense that they should work. And they do!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, my experience keeps getting better. Coming into work today on the highway I went through a dip on the road and I heard some rubbing from the rear. I cannot beleive this, I have 19x8.5 on 255/35/19. I tought that 265 gets you some rubbing but I guess I was wrong. Do I need to roll my rear wells? I hope not.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, my experience keeps getting better. Coming into work today on the highway I went through a dip on the road and I heard some rubbing from the rear. I cannot beleive this, I have 19x8.5 on 255/35/19. I tought that 265 gets you some rubbing but I guess I was wrong. Do I need to roll my rear wells? I hope not.
Possible.
I am running 255/35/19 rubber and 19x8.5 with H&R spring.
It rarely rubs when I get in a big and wide dip on a road.
I do not think it is necessary to roll your fenders.
Just slow down on the spot since you know where it is now.

Quick Reply: Koni FSD/Eibach ProKit/KMac Camber Adjst. going in this weekend