A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

For Koni FSD/Eibach setups.....3 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Koni FSD/Eibach setups.....3 questions...

Just about to take the plunge, and just wondering for the people who have them installed:

1. Any alignment problems with the pro-kit? (no extra camber arms, etc needed) / any tire wear problems in the long run?
2. I've read about some VW owners complaining that the shocks begin to wear after as little as 25k, any issues?
3. Are the gaps after the drop uneven between the front and back?

I have an 05 3.2 C6

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I have 'em.

My front inner tires did wear out after 10k miles but I think that was a case of alignment (mis) after the install since I could feel the inner bite on the front tires right after the alignment was done. Got them re-aligned - but was told that new front control arms would really make the problem go away completely since they can adjust the camber on those.

The rear has slightly lower drop than the front, but that is noticable only if I am looking at the car very closely.

Have had them for about $15k miles and no problems on longevity.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by am_ver
I have 'em.

My front inner tires did wear out after 10k miles but I think that was a case of alignment (mis) after the install since I could feel the inner bite on the front tires right after the alignment was done. Got them re-aligned - but was told that new front control arms would really make the problem go away completely since they can adjust the camber on those.

The rear has slightly lower drop than the front, but that is noticable only if I am looking at the car very closely.

Did you drop your car from stock height? If so, the inner tire wear is due to the control arms being non-adjustable, and this creates an issue with the wear characteristics.

The Eibach kit drops the car 45 mm from stock, but if you have the s-line suspension (not just the body kit) which drops the car 35 mm from stock, there should be much less wear on the inside as the control arms are different. I went from stock to s-line + FSD dampers, and the inside is wearing out much faster than the outside.

Next time, I'll order the s-line factory fitted, and change the dampers.

Last edited by ACSGP; 05-16-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
I have 'em.

You mentioned "New Control Arms" meaning these are allowing for corrective camber?
Or am I going to have to deal with tire wear problems always after the swap?
I know a lot of people are dropped on this forum, is everyone experiencing tire wear problems?