A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Last In First Out

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Last In First Out

I just picked up my 2007 CPO A6 3.2Q three weeks ago and I'm about to offload the car to escape the problems, terrible dealer (Bell Audi in Edison NJ) and Audi Customer Care that seems to have no interest in helping a customer.

It is almost four weeks since I've picked the car up and I'm still waiting for my second master key from the thieves at Bell Audi. I've also had an issue with the drivers seat memory from day one. Also, I've had a vibration at speeds in excess of 75Mph since delivery and finally this past weekend took it to my local Audi dealer to have it wheel balanced. Was told that one of the four new tires is damaged (front left side) and needs to be replaced and that the two rear wheels have bends in them and need to be fixed or replaced. I was furious because I have not hit any big potholes (unless I'm driving backwards) and got Audi Customer Care on the phone. They said they'll speak to Bell Audi and I knew what their response would be.

The claimed all wheels were fine when sold to me and that they put 4 new tires on so I must have damaged the tire when I damaged the two wheels (even though the tire is not on any of the damaged wheels). Audi Customer Care calls me yesterday to tell me to call the tire manufacturer to get a new tire. I told them they have to be kidding. Bell Audi puts on a defective tire and I have to chase down a new one. Their attitude on the phone was that they didn't give a crap. Then she tells me that the two damaged wheels are from road conditions in Boston. I tried to reason as to how both damaged wheels are in the back but the front ones are fine. Woudln't I have hit the so called pot holes with the front wheels first? She kept repeating the BS about Boston roads. I disconnnected her as she was not going to listen to reason. When she called me back she said, I think we got disconnected. I told her no, I had disconnected her because she was wasting my time with her complete lack of interest in listening to reason and zero interest in customer care and I again disconnected her.

I've decided instead of fighting this pointless fight and simply getting angry beyond compare I'm going to ditch this POS before I find more things wrong and I want nothing to do with Audi ever again.

I've decided I want to stick with AWD and got a great deal on an 09 Subaru Legacy 3.0R LTD With NAv with their great year end incentives (paid $27K on a car with MSRP of $32.2K) and 2.9% for 60 months finance. I'm losing some cash from the Audi but with only $1500 down I'm into the new car with a lower interest rate and monthly payment.

I hope none of you need Audi Customer Care because they absolutely stink! I've enjoyed being here and this is a great community. Best of luck to you all.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Wow, you should have posted something up here to get some attention. There are many Audi rep up here that could help you out since the beginning. Next time, post up here first.

About Audi customer service, I find it like tossing a coin everytime I need something from them. Luckily, for me, 8 out of 10 calls, I got what I needed.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I know BMW monitors e90post.com and bimmerfest.com - glad to hear Audi is involved in the community as well.

OP - sorry to hear your issue. I am presently working with Audi care presently regarding my cold surge issue.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AV8TORSADF
I just picked up my 2007 CPO A6 3.2Q three weeks ago and I'm about to offload the car to escape the problems, terrible dealer (Bell Audi in Edison NJ) and Audi Customer Care that seems to have no interest in helping a customer.

It is almost four weeks since I've picked the car up and I'm still waiting for my second master key from the thieves at Bell Audi. I've also had an issue with the drivers seat memory from day one. Also, I've had a vibration at speeds in excess of 75Mph since delivery and finally this past weekend took it to my local Audi dealer to have it wheel balanced. Was told that one of the four new tires is damaged (front left side) and needs to be replaced and that the two rear wheels have bends in them and need to be fixed or replaced. I was furious because I have not hit any big potholes (unless I'm driving backwards) and got Audi Customer Care on the phone. They said they'll speak to Bell Audi and I knew what their response would be.

The claimed all wheels were fine when sold to me and that they put 4 new tires on so I must have damaged the tire when I damaged the two wheels (even though the tire is not on any of the damaged wheels). Audi Customer Care calls me yesterday to tell me to call the tire manufacturer to get a new tire. I told them they have to be kidding. Bell Audi puts on a defective tire and I have to chase down a new one. Their attitude on the phone was that they didn't give a crap. Then she tells me that the two damaged wheels are from road conditions in Boston. I tried to reason as to how both damaged wheels are in the back but the front ones are fine. Woudln't I have hit the so called pot holes with the front wheels first? She kept repeating the BS about Boston roads. I disconnnected her as she was not going to listen to reason. When she called me back she said, I think we got disconnected. I told her no, I had disconnected her because she was wasting my time with her complete lack of interest in listening to reason and zero interest in customer care and I again disconnected her.

I've decided instead of fighting this pointless fight and simply getting angry beyond compare I'm going to ditch this POS before I find more things wrong and I want nothing to do with Audi ever again.

I've decided I want to stick with AWD and got a great deal on an 09 Subaru Legacy 3.0R LTD With NAv with their great year end incentives (paid $27K on a car with MSRP of $32.2K) and 2.9% for 60 months finance. I'm losing some cash from the Audi but with only $1500 down I'm into the new car with a lower interest rate and monthly payment.

I hope none of you need Audi Customer Care because they absolutely stink! I've enjoyed being here and this is a great community. Best of luck to you all.
Vibration's at speed maybe covered under lemon law as it is a safety issue. I would also call a lawyer and see what they might do. Have you tried dealer with another dealer.

We had a problem with one of Lexus dealer's and took it to our preferred Lexus dealer who fixed the vehicle and charged the Lexus Dealer/Lexus for the bills and compensation. See if Audi will authorize such a thing.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by triplecore
Vibration's at speed maybe covered under lemon law as it is a safety issue. I would also call a lawyer and see what they might do. Have you tried dealer with another dealer.

We had a problem with one of Lexus dealer's and took it to our preferred Lexus dealer who fixed the vehicle and charged the Lexus Dealer/Lexus for the bills and compensation. See if Audi will authorize such a thing.
My local Audi dealer told me about the bent wheels and tire and told me Bell Audi had to have known about the bent wheels when they tried to balance the new tires they put on. Then probably moved the damaged wheels to the rear to minimize the vibration. When I told the Audi customer rep about all this they said they'd talk to Bell Audi. Then yesterday she calls me back to tell me she spoke to the dealer and they said the wheels were fine when they sold me the car. I said to her what else would they say? Then she proceeded to tell me about Boston road conditions and how that was the cause. Her attitude was essentially you're on your own.

I've considered suing the dealership but you know, for all the cost to me it would be a 50/50 of winning and I know I'd get super angry dealing with these A-holes and all for what in the end if I was able to win. I'd rather let it go, take the few grand hit and realise Audi for what they are move on. This is my first used car ever and it will surely be my last :-)

So, Subaru Legacy 3.0R LTD here I come. I cannot afford a new A6 (and would not buy one even if I could at this point) but I want an AWD car for New England region so the Suby will do me fine. It has almost all the features and a great AWD system (perhaps not an Audi or BMW) but I'll live lol!

Audi make great products but what's the point when their are dealers like Bell Audi and if Audi them selves don't support their customers?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
Wow, you should have posted something up here to get some attention. There are many Audi rep up here that could help you out since the beginning. Next time, post up here first.

About Audi customer service, I find it like tossing a coin everytime I need something from them. Luckily, for me, 8 out of 10 calls, I got what I needed.
I'm not one to whine, I like to deal with a problem and move on. I realise after a month of banging my head against a wall I'm losing this one and for my health (and the health of Bell Audi Sales Manager) I'm better off taking the small hit and putting this in the "experience" column. I've been a VW & Audi customer since 1988 and I'll never touch either of those products again. From Audi/VW's perspective, is losing a 20 year customer over two bent wheels a smart move? I'd say certainly not but I guess that's why I am where I am, because they are too stupid to figure that out.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AV8TORSADF
My local Audi dealer told me about the bent wheels and tire and told me Bell Audi had to have known about the bent wheels when they tried to balance the new tires they put on. Then probably moved the damaged wheels to the rear to minimize the vibration. When I told the Audi customer rep about all this they said they'd talk to Bell Audi. Then yesterday she calls me back to tell me she spoke to the dealer and they said the wheels were fine when they sold me the car. I said to her what else would they say? Then she proceeded to tell me about Boston road conditions and how that was the cause. Her attitude was essentially you're on your own.

I've considered suing the dealership but you know, for all the cost to me it would be a 50/50 of winning and I know I'd get super angry dealing with these A-holes and all for what in the end if I was able to win. I'd rather let it go, take the few grand hit and realise Audi for what they are move on. This is my first used car ever and it will surely be my last :-)

So, Subaru Legacy 3.0R LTD here I come. I cannot afford a new A6 (and would not buy one even if I could at this point) but I want an AWD car for New England region so the Suby will do me fine. It has almost all the features and a great AWD system (perhaps not an Audi or BMW) but I'll live lol!

Audi make great products but what's the point when their are dealers like Bell Audi and if Audi them selves don't support their customers?
This might help or not, but all A6 comes with a full size spare with identical rims have you tried using those? I wish the best of luck whatever you may end up choosing to do.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by triplecore
I wish the best of luck whatever you may end up choosing to do.
Thanks, appreciate the kind words.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lemon law doesn't apply to used cars. But there are implied warranties.

Sorry to see you go. Its bad luck man. really it is. A new tire could be defective, no ones fault and yea usually its the customer that has to do the running around. In terms of the bent rims, you could probably have done something with a lawyer. Again headache. Spend $200 and have them straightened. Or do what triple said and use the spare and just get one fixed. And if it makes you feel any better, the rims were most likely bent before, and the dealer shifted them to the rear in an attempt save money and eliminate the shimmy. Good luck

So lesson learned on all used car purchases: on the test drive take that baby on the highway, buckle in and tell the salesman to shut up b/c you're about to gas it and make sure there aren't any shimmies.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Legal Brown
Lemon law doesn't apply to used cars. But there are implied warranties.

Sorry to see you go. Its bad luck man. really it is. A new tire could be defective, no ones fault and yea usually its the customer that has to do the running around. In terms of the bent rims, you could probably have done something with a lawyer. Again headache. Spend $200 and have them straightened. Or do what triple said and use the spare and just get one fixed. And if it makes you feel any better, the rims were most likely bent before, and the dealer shifted them to the rear in an attempt save money and eliminate the shimmy. Good luck

So lesson learned on all used car purchases: on the test drive take that baby on the highway, buckle in and tell the salesman to shut up b/c you're about to gas it and make sure there aren't any shimmies.
He's right. You really should be kicking yourself for not testing the car better before you bought it. You should have gone beyond Audi Customer care and requested a Regional service manager get involved. But like you said live and learn.

Quick Reply: Last In First Out