A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Linking Key to Drivers Seat Position

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GumboChief, I tried my method today and it does not work - sorry. In regard to vhtran, the easy in / easy out steering wheel tilt works when you push in the button on the steering column. It's on the left close to the telescopic wheel adjustment button.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

^ I did both + went through the manual book and still no good. =)
Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does not work either.

The reason I found out that it is not working was when I had a short 5 minute nap at work right after lunch.

I have turned on the "Seat" function in the MMI and I have also followed the manual to link my key and my "Seat Memory #1".

After a short nap, I left the seat reclined and when I had to leave work and opened my door with my remote, the seat position did not return to memory #1.

I then tested the same thing a couple of times but it just doesn't work. On one occasion, the seat only returned half way.

I had the same problem on by '04 A4 3.0Q so I was just assuming that this is normal.

Any ideas on how to get it working?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There has to be some way to do this. The manual clearly states that it is possible, but it is not very clear as to how.

I have done the upgrades to the MMI.

I wonder if those cars where it works are on a different version???

I am on 41.40
Old 07-09-2009, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought that it resets the key association to the current settings everytime the key is used to lock the car, either by inserting or using the fob button, so it will adjust to whoever is driving the car. When you hit one of the buttons on the door to return to the saved settings, those settings will be associated with the key again after locking.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is not supposed to "adjust".
It is supposed to lock a given key to either memory 1 or memory 2.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default key assn

Set your seat position and then use the key in the ignition to start the car. simple as that. Of course it must be done for both keys and be enabled in MMI
Old 07-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The_Mizarc
Set your seat position and then use the key in the ignition to start the car. simple as that. Of course it must be done for both keys and be enabled in MMI
SO, dont use the "Start" button? Flip it on in the regular ignition?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GumboChief
SO, dont use the "Start" button? Flip it on in the regular ignition?
yes that is correct insert the key into the ignition and and start the car. Now i dont know how long it take for the key to be programmed but that is what you must do.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Memory Seats and Linking to keys

Hi Guys

I believe I may have the answer to this. It took me a while to work but here's what i think it is.

I just recently purchased a Q5 with memory seat option and function and one thing I was told is that it can memorise the seating positions.

The issues comes down to the two keys and different profiles stored on it.

What you will find is all the settings you think you are saving to the MMI is actually saving to your key profile.

I found when I programmed my settings into the MMI eg.. auto lock, all windows open/close functions etc, seatings, home light etc... when i stuck my wifes key in there those settings were gone.

It finally dawned on me that my wife can have her own individual settings.

So the sequence works like this.

1. Nominate a key that will be yours.
2. Go into the MMI and program all the car settings you want for your key profile... INCLUDING your SEAT Memory Function to On.
3. Adjust your seats to your preferred settings
4. Press Set on the memory Function and the setting number. Make sure you hear the beep to confirm the settings are saved.
5. Open the Door, close the door and lock the car with your key.
6. Using your wifes key repeat steps 1 - 5 again. ENSURE that YOU SET the memory seat function to ON.

You will find that this will store the memory seats for BOTH keys.

HOWEVER you should note that the memory seats position is NOT tied to the memorised seats buttons (1 & 2). Its actually memorises the last position of the seats was in prior to you locking it. So in otherwords IF your friend drives it, locks the car, the key now memorises the new seat position!

Hope this helps every one out.

Quick Reply: Linking Key to Drivers Seat Position