A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Loaner policy by delaer for 2006 A6 in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner policy by delaer for 2006 A6 in NJ

I am in NNJ and curious if your dealer offers a an Audi loaner for you if your car malfunctions under warranty...My dealer says loaners are for scheduled maintenance ONLY. My Beamer dealer provided a loaner for any warranty work.
Old 01-17-2006, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Loaner policy by delaer for 2006 A6 in NJ

I now go to Audi of Bernardsville...the BEST dealer in NJ. I always get an Audi loaner (although, 1st time was a 2004 A4 3.0 for a week long repair which was not a service and most recently for my 5000 mile service was a 2002 A6 3.0...not the 'best' loaners). I have purchased from many others (Princeton, Bell and Flemington) and they do not compare to the service I get here, nor did I EVER get an Audi loaner from the others. So check them out.
Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AoA gives the dealer an "allowance" of around $30 per day for loaners

when a car needs to stay overnight at the dealer. For shorter visits, they do not cover the cost.

$30 a day doesn't really cover the cost of highline same brand loaners (the wear and tear is mind boggling). Sometimes the manufacturer gives the dealers special deals on loaners, but lately AoA has chosen to spend money in other areas.

So it boils down to whether a dealer has deep enough pockets to spring for the upgrade themselves. The sales dept rarely helps, as they are break-even in almost all cases, so it's up to the service dept to make the extra cash for that expense. Often dealers do have some same brand loaners, but those are reserved for preferred customers and even then, often on a first come, first served basis.

If you bought the car at that dealer, and you've seen same brand loaners, and you've given them a fair profit margin on the sale of the car, approach the sales manager and ask them if they can help you out. They will often talk with the service dept and let them know who the "good" customers are.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:16 PM

Default My car is in dealer for few more days..

and my dealer doesnt have loaners from them but do give u basic rent a car from Enterprise. I got pontiac vibe. Enterprise stuff told me Audi is stingy. Anyway, even Lexus give you same brand loaner car for any service or warranty work.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:56 AM

Default if u do get a loaner it will probably be a camry or a late model POS. They tried to give me a

corolla once. That was funny.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:57 AM

i heard nothing but bad things about bell's service.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:44 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At DCH, you just get an Enterprise rental, at best a Passat or Jetta.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: i heard nothing but bad things about bell's service.

Bell is horrible. I purchased 2 Audi's from them (1992 100 S and 2002 A6 3.0) and would never go back. Although the deals I got were incredible....the service is kind of lacking.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Roger Beasly Audi in Austin, TX give Audi loaners ...

... I always get an Audi loaner (last time a 2.0Tq, before that I had a 2.7T allroad) for warranty or maintenance work. They have a good number of loaners, but you need to schedule your visits if you want a loaner (no problem really and understandable).

They even have a Lady there that does nothing but take care of the loaner cars. I have always reeived cars that were in excellent condition, clean, smoke-free and with enough gas to get to work without having to refill it 500 yards after pulling out of their facility.

Looks like I'm lucky with my dealer.

The local BMW dealer also gives free loaners to any BMW owner that drops their car off for work done at the dealership. For the life of the car.

Note to Audi: If you want to be a premium brand, make sure your dealers treat their customers like premium brand customers. Loaners are part of that experience. No question about that.
Old 01-18-2006, 07:16 AM

Default No, they don't....

This is incorrect...

There is no more money for loaner vehicles coming to the dealers. Dealers now lease vehicles specifically for loaner service from AoA, and now there are rules governing who the dealer can give them to.

Still, different dealers set up a policies that work for them in their markets. Some dealers only give them to people who bought their cars there. Others only for maintainence work. Others only for warranty work. Some dealers have no loaners at all.

A new trend is using a rental company to manage the loaner fleet. Loaner costs are HUGELY expensive to a dealer; most people have no idea how much a typical dealer spends each month on them.

Quick Reply: Loaner policy by delaer for 2006 A6 in NJ