A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Looking for feedback on k-mac front camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have not had any good results with the KMAC. THey don't hold alignment specs well at all and loosen up.
They wear pretty quickly, and when they do you've got to buy them again.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

hmmm.. but it appears that they (kmac) are our only option to resolve camber issue at this point. Stern doesn't make the adjustable control arms from the C6.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I have installed Kmacs and so far they work well. No tire wear any more. I've had issue where they got lose, but my mechanic said that he didn't tighten them properly. I didn't notice any improvement in ride quality, and in my opinion I preferred more negative camber. It felt like the car was "more planted" in curves, which negative camber would do i suppose.
To my knowledge kmacs are the ONLY company making camber kits for C6 A6, so good or bad, we are stuck with them.
But I say again, I didn't see any issues, and as previous post said, install them at the same time when you install your springs. It will cut on cost for labor.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MikekiM@PureMS
Have not had any good results with the KMAC. THey don't hold alignment specs well at all and loosen up.
They wear pretty quickly, and when they do you've got to buy them again.
Can you give a bit more detail on why they don't hold alignment well? How many miles between tightening?

Was this just for one car, or how many more?
Old 07-28-2012, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am sorry to revive this old thread, but I am wandering if anyone else has issues with K-mac system?
Mine started to make knocking noise when turning the wheel. I jacked up the car and am even able to see the wear on them. The red plastic seems like it is sheering off, and I can see a clear movement of arm over the bushing.... Definitely not too happy.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have had mine installed for about 10kkm now, so far so good. I have heard that a lot of technique is required to install these, if installed improperly, they go bad fast. A lot of a4 guys run these
Old 07-29-2012, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by olikoli
I am sorry to revive this old thread, but I am wandering if anyone else has issues with K-mac system?
Mine started to make knocking noise when turning the wheel. I jacked up the car and am even able to see the wear on them. The red plastic seems like it is sheering off, and I can see a clear movement of arm over the bushing.... Definitely not too happy.
It is Funny that you mentioned this now as I am going through the exact same thing. I installed my kit last summer and it has been excellent at keeping a correct camber until two months ago when I started to experience knocking sound coming from the upper suspension area. I checked it out and two of the four kits had come loose. I tighten them and problem went away for a few weeks. Recently the problem has come back and now I also get sound when I cut the wheels either way. Yesterday I took it to my mechanic and again they have come loose plus the rubber has cracked inside on the two that keep loosening up. Another problem is that there is sign of wear in the area that the arms and kit bolts onto. Now I wished I had invested the extra cash on adjustable arms but $260 vs. above $500 for the arms I took a chance with KMacs. I am contacting the vendor to see if I can get replacements under warranty.
Attached Images  

Last edited by jujuC6; 07-29-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jujuC6
It is Funny that you mentioned this now as I am going through the exact same thing. I installed my kit last summer and it has been excellent at keeping a correct camber until two months ago when I started to experience knocking sound coming from the upper suspension area. I checked it out and two of the four kits had come loose. I tighten them and problem went away for a few weeks. Recently the problem has come back and now I also get sound when I cut the wheels either way. Yesterday I took it to my mechanic and again they have come loose plus the rubber has cracked inside on the two that keep loosening up. Another problem is that there is sign of wear in the area that the arms and kit bolts onto. Now I wished I had invested the extra cash on adjustable arms but $260 vs. above $500 for the arms I took a chance with KMacs. I am contacting the vendor to see if I can get replacements under warranty.
I did the same contacting the K-mac, but I am not sure that we will get anything there...
You were mentioning that you were considering adjustable arms?! I looked everywhere but could find nothing for our cars. There are some for A4s, but not for A6.
Do you have any more info?
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've heard some creaking from the front, but thats about it.

I did think about putting the OEM springs back instead of the Eibach, but the thought of seeing that huge gap in the front wheel well is frightening.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
I've heard some creaking from the front, but thats about it.

I did think about putting the OEM springs back instead of the Eibach, but the thought of seeing that huge gap in the front wheel well is frightening.
That did cross mymind at one point, but I quickly dismissed it. If I do not get any answers from K-Mac I will probably just replace them with factory bushings and deal with tires...
I see no point in replacing bushings every year. Ends up costing me more than tires...

Quick Reply: Looking for feedback on k-mac front camber kit