A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R:

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R:

Please post a pic or a link. Looking to get mine lowered, but I do not want it too low, so would like to see how the S6 looks lowered first.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got one with KW3 coilover if you want a pic of it to give you a reference...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aceecaus
Sorry to threadjack here, but how does the KW3 coilover suspension compare to the stock in terms of ride quality as well as handling?

TIA.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

my kw3 set handles bumps/pot-holes much better than stock -- and i'm setup mid-range on compression/rebound (mid-range between max soft and max firm). The only pain-in-the-**** is that once you set the setting on the nut on top of the coil (which i think controls the compression) you cannot adjust it again without taking the coilovers out. This is because you do not have a way to access the top of the strut without taking them out poor audi design if you ask me...

another bad thing with kw3 is that they settle big time in the rear -- when the shop installed mine they were setup 2-fingers front and rear. Within a day or two the rear settled down to 1-finger . The only way to adjust the rear height (higher) is to remove the strut+spring and make adjustments with the coilovers off the car. This is because the spring and the strut are separate from each other -- and adjusting the spring perch while the spring is in place does nothing at all (just spins in place even though you think it should raise the car).

my recommendation is to get a spring only kit -- much cheaper with the same effect (both springs or coilovers will settle in the rear much lower than the front).
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That would be great. Tx.

Originally Posted by aceecaus
Old 04-19-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jazznuts699
my kw3 set handles bumps/pot-holes much better than stock -- and i'm setup mid-range on compression/rebound (mid-range between max soft and max firm). The only pain-in-the-**** is that once you set the setting on the nut on top of the coil (which i think controls the compression) you cannot adjust it again without taking the coilovers out. This is because you do not have a way to access the top of the strut without taking them out poor audi design if you ask me...

another bad thing with kw3 is that they settle big time in the rear -- when the shop installed mine they were setup 2-fingers front and rear. Within a day or two the rear settled down to 1-finger . The only way to adjust the rear height (higher) is to remove the strut+spring and make adjustments with the coilovers off the car. This is because the spring and the strut are separate from each other -- and adjusting the spring perch while the spring is in place does nothing at all (just spins in place even though you think it should raise the car).

my recommendation is to get a spring only kit -- much cheaper with the same effect (both springs or coilovers will settle in the rear much lower than the front).
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the best of pics, but it gives you a rough idea of how low it dropped. I did experience a some spring setteling also. My installer said he left it with a little more rake in the back so that when it did settle, it settled into the proper height. He was right on the money. You can't really see the rake, but there still is a little, which is what I like. That way, if there is anymore settling, it will still be level. I will try to get some better pics later today on a flat surface with fewer shadows.
(oh yeah, I know, I just washed the car so there was a little patina on the brake rotors...)
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R:-dscn3043.jpg   Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R:-dscn3047.jpg   Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R:-dscn3045.jpg  
Old 04-19-2009, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thank you for that, your car looks great. Have you experienced any clearance issues while driving and parking? That is my main concern. I don't want to bottom out or scrape the front end while parking.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I wonder if H&R springs will make the car sit a bit higher, since it won't be a coilover setup.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Also, off topic, but does your exhaust in the mornings sound raspy (almost like metallic rattling sound) until it warms up?

Quick Reply: Looking for a pic of S6 lowered with H&R: