A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI DEAD?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remove battery cables. leave overnight. connect battery cables. done.

if still problematic, replace bose amplifier. leave car on trickle charger if you don't start it once a week.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snipizoo1
There was a loose bolt under the hood and somehow rain water went through that hole and unto the driver side footrest. The bolt was tightened, and no water comes in anymore. I just have to dry out what's already in the car, and figure out how to get the module working.I don't think the center console is bad. The A/C buttons still work. The water entered on the driver side front and flowed to the back, it seems. THe center console itself is not wet. So to confirm, the module is under the driver's seat, not the passenger side?

Yes, your A6 telephone module is under carpet on driver side. I would remove it and check for water damage. After removing the module, you can install a MOST bus loop to see every thing back to normal.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I removed the module and yes, there was water all over it, with mold in the housing and on the chip board.
How do I install a MOST bus loop? I hear I can get a 'bridge' or 'connector', but not sure what I'd be connecting to what. Any directions on what to do? There were to cables (1 big, 1 small) attached to the module. Where should they go to complete the loop?

Originally Posted by oaktreelimb
Yes, your A6 telephone module is under carpet on driver side. I would remove it and check for water damage. After removing the module, you can install a MOST bus loop to see every thing back to normal.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snipizoo1
I removed the module and yes, there was water all over it, with mold in the housing and on the chip board.
How do I install a MOST bus loop? I hear I can get a 'bridge' or 'connector', but not sure what I'd be connecting to what. Any directions on what to do? There were to cables (1 big, 1 small) attached to the module. Where should they go to complete the loop?
The small one is the optical connector. Turn key on after removing it you can see red light coming out from one of two terminals. That is where you install the loop. I think you can buy the loop at dealer part or many auto electronic shop that works with German M.O.S.T bus system. The fix is stop water leak and replacing telephone module.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by oaktreelimb
The small one is the optical connector. Turn key on after removing it you can see red light coming out from one of two terminals. That is where you install the loop. I think you can buy the loop at dealer part or many auto electronic shop that works with German M.O.S.T bus system. The fix is stop water leak and replacing telephone module.
Thank you! I stopped the water leak. I'll replace the module as soon as I find one (and can afford it. I ordered the loop and should get it on Wednesday. When I install the loop, do I need to do any VAG programming?
Also, if I'm going to change the module, is there an upgrade I can get instead of the original that will give me some more benefits/features?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

MMI should be back online after you install the optical loop there. I don't think you need to do any coding to uncode telephone module but i would go in there and perform coding to be sure.