A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI dead, have tried all, but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://r.ebay.com/Ve1cNv
Old 11-26-2013, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haloguy628
One hour labor for CP removal is too much. Maybe try another dealer or try to talk him down to 1/2 hour. Some dealers do this for free if you have the car serviced with them.

Say that you do not need diagnostics just manual CP removal on the headunit. They will hook it up to VAS, log in to database to check if the HU is stolen, and then just remove the CP. About five minutes worth of labor.
For what it's worth, dealers seem to charge an hour for pretty much anything. And because you have no other choice for this sort of thing, they will get their pound of flesh.

When I got a new key, it was an hour. MMI control, one hour. Yeah, they are like that..
Old 11-26-2013, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by GodOfThunder
Hi guys,
In need of some help w/ a dead MMI. I was driving and my screen had a few glitchy characters on it as I was editing a CDs name. After I noticed that, it became completely unresponsive. I pulled over to turn the car off, then back on- haven't seen my screen light up since.
I got a MOST loop and individually bypassed the Bluetooth module, Amp, CD, Nav DVD and Radio (assuming that's what's in the rack between the nav and the amp?). I checked every fuse in the two dash boxes and the one on the passenger side of the trunk.
Is there another fuse box I missed? Is there anything else I should have tried the loop on? Can't afford the dealer, so any additional help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Hello mate.did you find the problem ?
I find myself in the same position- mmmi dead (except approx 15 second start screen ) stripped cleaned the system re scanned in loop test and all ok!
Could CP be active on one or more modules? I need to be back working asap so a quick reply would be appreciaqted.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a problem with battery being dead in 2 days and also MMI was acting up while I drove and sometimes it would turn off if I hit some small bump.
Dealer found Sirius module to be bad and took it out of the loop and also
updated MMI software as mine was 1st gen on the system.
Now all is good but no Sirius but that is OK as I don't subscribe to that anyways.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems like the MMI is the Achilles heel of modern Audi's. I drove mine off the lot and immediately noticed that he MMI no longer worked. The dealer had me then buy an extended warranty that would cover it, based on their knowledge, only to find out that when the Audi dealer called it in the warranty rep on the phone pointed out that the particular module that was bad was not covered. Needless to say, I was very frustrated and unhappy with the dealer that sold me the car, they received a very unpleasant VM from me. Two hours later the sales guy calls me back and says to stop everything Audi is doing. They took the car back and dropped off a loaner. Now I am without my baby over the holidays and I wonder what other hassles I will have with the extended warranty.

Hope this is an isolated issue and the MMI after replacement of the defective module will last for the rest of me owning it.