A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI software versions? related to phone functionality?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI software versions? related to phone functionality?

In the process of troubleshooting my Razr phone not working as well as others I'm wondering if I have the latest software version on my A6. It's easy to check the version hit "car" then the bottom right key around the main wheel "version". My version is reported as follows if anyone else could post theirs it would be great especially if you have a Razr that is working pretty well (mine doesn't even give caller id)

SW: C6-HU 6360 07.5.0 0439
HW: C6-HU 6360D2.0
FC SW: 03501AFC6AB320870
FC PS: 0870 FC HW: H07
Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default I'll check tomorrow

Except for the hanging up problem, my razr works very well with the car. I can access my phone numbers, missed calls, call log etc. I also don't get the annoying loud tone while the call was being setup that my Nokia caused. I have all my phone numbers stored in my SIM chip. I have found that in most cases if I wait for the other party to hang up, it drops the call. If I hit someones voice mail and have to use the end call button, it seems that 8 times out of 10, it doesn't drop. I have had good luck by dialing from the phone and disconnecting the call from the phone rather than the car. It is annoying though, such an awesome car and such a cool phone, and they don't quite get along.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:20 AM
LIY
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Appears that I may have a different SW version!?

I don't have a RAZR phone (stuck with Verizon V710 - of limited functionality), but for the basis of comparison here's my SW readout:

SW: C6-HU 6360 10.7.0 0437
HW: C6-HU 6360 D2.0

FC SW:03501AFC6A B320870
FC PS:0870 FC HW: H07

LIY
Old 03-26-2005, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hmmm, mine seems newer, April??

Interesting

Your software: SW: C6-HU 6360 07.5.0 0439
My software: SW: C6-HU 6360 10.7.0 0437

The not sure who's is newer I'm inclined to think mine may be because I have 10.7.0 where you have 07.5.0 which feels very much like some kind of date format (although where is the year?). Given that these are german cars it wouldn't surprise me if the second digit is the month and the first is the day although I could be wrong. That would make the last 4 digits are some kind of build indicator. I of course am completely guessing here April do you know anything about this?

I wonder how big a deal it is for software to be upgraded assuming they have the newest software on hand at the dealer service center, hoping it's the kind of thing I can drive in, wait for 20 minutes and then go.

I have noticed a couple of "bugs" in my version, for example I can't seem to save a contact as "private" it always reverts back to business. There also seems to be some strangeness with saving settings on the trip computers and settings reverting.

I also don't know if this is related to the software or not but if I leave my brights on after stopping and leaving the car then start it back up they indicator light for the brights doesn't come on and actually I don't think the brights actually come on either. As soon as I turn them off then back on it's all back to normal.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: MMI software versions? related to phone functionality?

I just checked mine, and only the SW number is different. Mine is C6-HU 6360 10.7.0 0437.

As far as I know, my car was manufactured in January or early Feb. as it was on order in early January, and it didn't arrive until March 17.

As I mentioned elsewhere, my RAZR seems to be working fine, although I haven't exercised all of the features.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

What version is the software in your RAZR?
Settings -> Phone Status -> Flex Version
Settings -> Phone Status -> S/W Version

I deleted the pairings from my phone and from the car then re-paired everything and got the caller id to work one time, using my home phone, then tried from my wife's cell phone and it didn't work. Haven't got it to work again since, more and more I feel like the issue is the software in my RAZR. My wife's V551 works perfectly.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:32 PM

I called my cell from two numbers that show caller ID on my phone, but the car display shows unknown. Assume the message is not getting passed on. Wouldn't know where to start to get the answer to this one. Although I have faith that if anyone can get an answer, it will be you. I will monitor your progress.

There is a signal strength metter on the bottom of the screen next to the Bluetooth logo, which I assume is the Bluetooth signal strength between the car and the phone. Mine shows 4 of the 5 bars filled in. Bluetooth 1.1 only has a range of 10 meters.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Interesting, I get no caller id like you and I get 0 signal bars filled in at all times. I actually think the signal bars are a readout of signal strength that the phone is getting to the providers tower (should mirror what you see on your phone). I see bars but none of them are filled (it DOESN'T mirror whats on the phone).

I have emails in to motorola to try to find out about the phone itself and an email into a local audi dealer to see what the latest MMI version is. Of course I will continue to post my findings here.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Would you mind posting your results...

Delta, you are one of the few people with such positive results with the V3 Razr would you mind posting your results with the phone as well as the MMI s/w version and Phone versions in this thread:

https://forums.audiworld.com/c6a6/msgs/6715.phtml

I'm working with Audi and Motorola to resolve this as much as I can and any information I have will of course be helpful