A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Navigation shows wrong location, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation shows wrong location, please help.

I just purchased an 05 A6 yesterday and when I hit the navigation button it shows me in the wrong location. It tracks my movement on the map but it is a different area than where I am actually located. How do I fix this? Do I need to recalibrate it?
Old 09-19-2009, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Same thing happened to me when I added Nav to my car. The Nav was in 'demo' mode.

Press Nav and then hit Settings. So now you should be in the Nav+Settings menu. there should be a thing which says 'Demo mode 'On/Off'.
Old 09-19-2009, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the help. I checked to see if it was on the demo setting and it was not. When I was poking around the settings I did notice that it said "Satellites: 0" so maybe it is not connecting with any satellites. Any other ideas?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zero sat's showing certainly means either the antenna or the reciever are not working.

Also, somewhat unrelated.. what version Nav DVD do you have..I've read somewhere you need at least V.5 or later, seems there were a few issues with older versions of NavTeq..you can get used maping DVD's here in the classifieds or Ebay...some folks here like/need the latest maps so they sell the older versions when they update.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Make sure you are outside with no obstruction to the sky - if you are inside a parking structure or a garage, go outside. When outside, make sure you are not under trees etc.

If you are still getting 0 sats, then check to make sure your antenna a cable is connected. The antenna cable connects to a connector on your driver side 'C-pillar'. It has a blue'ish end. and it runs to your DVD player. If it is connected on your C-pillar, then make sure it is connected to the DVD player (you will need a deep 10mm to open the rack that houses the DVD/amplifier)

Nav install instructions are here: http://mvara.com/myweb/ This would help you identify the cable that I am talking about.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the help everyone. Today, while outside (no trees around), I pulled out the dvd/nav unit in the trunk and made sure the antenna was in fact connected to the unit, which it was. I unplugged it and replugged it in to be certain. I then restarted the car and drove for ten minutes with no luck. The disc in my unit is W531257002A Version 4.

I have not checked the connection behind the C pillar yet, but I guess that will be next on my list. Any other ideas if that fails?
Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's possible it might just be a fuse..I used Am_ver's link since there are several fuse boxes on the A6..here's a PDF and check page 6
http://mvara.com/myweb/CAR%20SATNAV.pdf
Old 10-06-2009, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

**Update** The dealer I bought it from had it for a week trying to diagnose the problem. They finally determined that the Version 4 disc was the culprit and ordered me the 2009/2010 disc. I received it today and the problem still is not solved. The screen still states "Satellites received: 0" I checked the fuse as reccommended and it is good.

Any other ideas? I'm thinking antenna but I would be shocked if an Audi dealer didn't test the antenna in the week that they had it.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I don't know how in the world a DVD would have caused the problem. And I certainly can't believe that a dealer would be so incompetent as to think it would.

I would say for sure you either have an antenna problem (most likely as you cannot get reception), or a problem with the hard- or firmware.

Why oh why would they think a DVD full of data only would have caused this problem? Very weird how unhelpful supposedly highly trained techs and dealers can be.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

MMI update and navigation DVD ROM update.!

Quick Reply: Navigation shows wrong location, please help.