A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Need Help installing sub

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help installing sub

I installed a sub in my car a few weeks ago according to a tutorial i found on here, but my amp doesnt turn off. I guess the wire it told me to tap the remote wire into is a constant wire and not switched. So ive been trying to find another source to plug the remote wire in. I have tried two different fuses in the trunk fuse box, one was for MMI and one for cigarette lighter. But with both of these the amp still stayed on. Can anyone tell me why or suggest another way or different fuse to wire the remote wire up to.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Do you happen to have a multi meter? You can use that to find a fuse that is switched with the key.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you use my DIY? Did you use LOC?

Here is a thread on how to connect (works just fine for almost a year now)

http://audiforum.us/threads/aufterma...audi-a6.13513/

This one I wrote when building a custom box.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2796650

The wire I described in thread becomes hot after you open the car and stays hot for approx. 2 mins. after you lock the car.

Last edited by audia6s; 08-31-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

yes i used that exact tutorial, i found all the wires and conected everything just like you said, but the amp doesnt turn off. I know you've had it hooked up for a while so it must work somehow, but i feel like that wire is a constant on power wire to the amp but then theres a remote wire that tells it when to draw power and not. Mine never turned off i waited 5 minutes. It works fine if i drive the car every day, but if i leave it set for 3 days the battery is completely dead.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

What year is your car? I would check may be wiring is slightly different for your year. Also, I assume your car already had Bose, as non-Bose wiring is different. Also, make sure your LOC is connected correctly. I did this a long time ago and don't temember everything but I will take a look today and tomorrow to see where and how mine is hooled up. I have to reinstall a new sub as I finally blew mine last week;(
Old 09-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It is a 2008 with Bose. What year was your car? And what would the LOC have to do with the remote wire turning the amp on an off?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jmaA6
It is a 2008 with Bose. What year was your car? And what would the LOC have to do with the remote wire turning the amp on an off?
You had to connect something wrong. I got 2008 with bose works like a charm. LOC outputs 12v to 5v
Old 09-06-2011, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have mine working just fine. I use an Audiocontrol LC2 which has audio sensing to trigger the 12v. On mine i notice that the amp does not shut off until after i lock the car. I think the bose amp stays on until the car is locked. Have you checked to see if the amp turns off when the car is locked? You may need to wait up to 30 seconds after the car is locked.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What kind of LOC are you guys using that have power? mine is just a basic one that converts the speaker wire into RCA out cables for the amp. I don't have any power plugged into my LOC. I ran a line from pin 1 which you said was the 12v wire to the remote wire port on my amp. What did i hook up wrong. I get that you have a different LOC than me, but if that same wire in your car can tell your LOC to turn off which then turns the amp off, why shouldn't it also just be able to be directly hooked up to the amp?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fe342185
I have mine working just fine. I use an Audiocontrol LC2 which has audio sensing to trigger the 12v. On mine i notice that the amp does not shut off until after i lock the car. I think the bose amp stays on until the car is locked. Have you checked to see if the amp turns off when the car is locked? You may need to wait up to 30 seconds after the car is locked.
Yes, it takes a minute or so for power to be off on the amp. Same with me.

Quick Reply: Need Help installing sub