A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Need Help installing sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmaA6
What kind of LOC are you guys using that have power? mine is just a basic one that converts the speaker wire into RCA out cables for the amp. I don't have any power plugged into my LOC. I ran a line from pin 1 which you said was the 12v wire to the remote wire port on my amp. What did i hook up wrong. I get that you have a different LOC than me, but if that same wire in your car can tell your LOC to turn off which then turns the amp off, why shouldn't it also just be able to be directly hooked up to the amp?
The audiocontrol LC2 (LOC) just has 12v constant power so its powered using the same power for the amp with an inline fuse. When it receives the audio signal it sends out 12v to trigger an external amp via the remote trigger wire. This device is great since it also cleans up the signal. Its a $120 online but well worth it.

What are you guys using for your subs and amps? Pics?

I will post pics of mine but im using an 8" sundown audio 500w rms sub and a 1000w rms kicker amp and wiring. The box is a custom fiberglass ported box i made that takes little space. Sound is amazing. Will post pics soon.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh so then the wire in that tutorial that you hooked up to the LOC is a constant wire not a switched wire?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, i've got a rockford p1 12 inch with a 500 rockford amp. i'm pretty happy with the amp but am looking to upgrade the sub in the near future. i had it in my old car with two subs. i built a false floor with a plexiglass door and put two amps under it in my trunk and had the two subs in a custom box that ran the length of my trunk it was a nice setup but i didnt want to take up my whole trunk in this car so i just mounted the amp to the rear deck and put the sub in a small box.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh so then the wire in that tutorial that you hooked up to the LOC is a constant wire not a switched wire?
Yes i did not use a switched 12v source.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ok thanks for all the input i finally understand what went wrong, so i guess my choices are to either buy the $120 LOC or find a fuse that is switched and tie the remote wire into that. Does anyone know of any switched fuses. i can't find any fuses labled accesory in the owners manual.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ok thanks for all the input i finally understand what went wrong, so i guess my choices are to either buy the $120 LOC or find a fuse that is switched and tie the remote wire into that. Does anyone know of any switched fuses. i can't find any fuses labled accesory in the owners manual.
I don't know what LOC costs 120 dollars but I bought mine on amazon for $23. When youborder one (if you do) make sure it has remote wire turn on capability as some come without remore wire requiring to run it from head unit but since we are working with factory unit, LOC without remote wire will be pain in yhe ***.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SOEM-T-2-C...m_cr_pr_sims_t

audia6s - i couldn't find your exact one, but if you think the one you got is better could you send me a link to it if you still have one.

Also, every thing says it is signal sensing so does the LOC, get triggered by the signal from the speaker wire going into it, or does it get triggered by listening for noise. I think i read somewhere that some of these can get triggered if something loud around them is loud?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Would this work?

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SOEM-T-2-C...m_cr_pr_sims_t

audia6s - i couldn't find your exact one, but if you think the one you got is better could you send me a link to it if you still have one.

Also, every thing says it is signal sensing so does the LOC, get triggered by the signal from the speaker wire going into it, or does it get triggered by listening for noise. I think i read somewhere that some of these can get triggered if something loud around them is loud?
It is triggered by rear speakers, a soon as LOC gets power to the speakers you tapped, it sends remote turn on from constant power line on pin 1. I've studied carefully when I instaled it but it's been over awile an my knowledge haded away. I will take a look at one you got when I get home.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well i finally got it working tonight. i just played around with different fuses and finally found a fuse that turned off, for anyone looking it was the one for the rearview mirror on the drivers side fuse panel. But i really appreciate everyones help on here, i've posted this question on two other audi forums and didnt get any responses. So thank you to everyone that helped.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_161LC2I...=%7bkeyword%7d

Above is the LOC i used. Its also a line driver. It improves the sound in opinion. Before this i used the high input of my amp but this LOC definitely made it sound better and makes the amp run more efficiently since the input signal is much better. An additional feature is the device compensates for the bass dropping when you turn up the volume. Audi or bose does this to prevent the door woofers from breaking and distorting. When this happens the bass from the input signal to the LOC drops therfore the bass going to your sub will also plateau. You can notice this when you turn the volume up but the sub bass no longer gets louder.

I also purchased a bass controller that conects to the LOC made by the same company and i custom mounted it on the map lights near the sunroof switch. It looks like it came stock on the car. Just sharing some ideas.

Quick Reply: Need Help installing sub