A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Need More Power From The S6. Thinking of...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why but I keep wanting more power. The S6 is an excellent car without enhancements. I think maybe I am catching the Audi performance attitude.

I'll be watching for S6 enhancements.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Always room for more power!!!

I think a screw rotor supercharger like a KB or Eaton TVS would be the **** on the S6. Probably add 175-200hp with an intercooled setup. I think 600hp would do nicely!
Old 12-27-2009, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KLRCADI
Always room for more power!!!

I think a screw rotor supercharger like a KB or Eaton TVS would be the **** on the S6. Probably add 175-200hp with an intercooled setup. I think 600hp would do nicely!
That would do it for me!
Old 12-28-2009, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would work for a lot of S6 owners... but I am not optimistic that it will be around as a kit.

Originally Posted by BlueCat_A6_allroad
That would do it for me!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Ok... How about a mild dry shot of nitrous oxide? I would love to have 50 - 75 HP (or more) on tap with a push of a button!

Here is a nice article and a vid:

http://paultan.org/2006/02/23/how-do...us-oxide-work/

Last edited by DirtyVegasTT; 12-30-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting. I would probably blow through a tank of N2O every day!
Old 12-31-2009, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have run nitrous sytems on various cars from 75hp shots on a FWD import to 300hp two stage fogger on a big block. Definately fun. Not sure how the fueling would work on a FSI engine though. The fuel pressure at the rail is already very high, so most dry kits probably would not work( as they add additional fueling throuh restricting the return and increasing rail pressure for more flow).

I would hate to run a wet kit with a seperate fuel system, but that's probably to only way to make it work on this engine. Another fueling probablem could be the flaps in the intake manifold. Wet kits do not like those types of IM's as the injected fuel can pool, and go boom in case of a nitrous backfire( ask me how I know)

In Toronto, they have also made running nitrous on street vehicles illegal, so boo for me. The more I think about it, a KB or Lysolhm blower on this thing would be killer. You could run 6lbs, non intercooled with meth injection and make an easy 150hp. I will see how the money situation looks in the new year to investigate a project.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It sounds like you know your stuff and have the same need for power and speed... keep us posted on what you come up with!

Originally Posted by KLRCADI
I have run nitrous sytems on various cars from 75hp shots on a FWD import to 300hp two stage fogger on a big block. Definately fun. Not sure how the fueling would work on a FSI engine though. The fuel pressure at the rail is already very high, so most dry kits probably would not work( as they add additional fueling throuh restricting the return and increasing rail pressure for more flow).

I would hate to run a wet kit with a seperate fuel system, but that's probably to only way to make it work on this engine. Another fueling probablem could be the flaps in the intake manifold. Wet kits do not like those types of IM's as the injected fuel can pool, and go boom in case of a nitrous backfire( ask me how I know)

In Toronto, they have also made running nitrous on street vehicles illegal, so boo for me. The more I think about it, a KB or Lysolhm blower on this thing would be killer. You could run 6lbs, non intercooled with meth injection and make an easy 150hp. I will see how the money situation looks in the new year to investigate a project.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Gutting modern cats will show little to no power gains. They are hardly a restriction at all.

Turborusty
Old 01-03-2010, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Quick Reply: Need More Power From The S6. Thinking of...