A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

New member, questions about MMI update

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:28 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, questions about MMI update

Hello, everyone, new member here from Brooklyn, NY with 2007 A6 4.2 black on black, just bought it back last Friday to replace my first car I truly loved (and LOVE) - Audi A8 4.2 '97.

Don't have a pics of the car yet, will post them later, if you are interested.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind, I checked forums, but didn't find answers.

1) MMI says I have 41.4.0 0709, that means software is 4140, right? I didn't find anywhere a software numbers / dates / changes, so my question is - is this the newest one?

Are there any newer? If there is what new software would bring?

And the most important of all - <b>where can I update it</b>? I've heard dealers can do it, but for money, I don't mind if price is reasonable and software update will bring some advantages.

2) Backup camera is great, but I was really dissapointed to find out, mirrors do not go down as on my old A8 - it's really hard to tell how close you are to edge of the road when parking. Is there a way to make them go down? Well, I guess it's just a matter of a habit.

3) I want to install my old sub / w. custom made box into a trunk of a new A6, my local store charged me $120.00 which is completely fine. I'm just worried about 1 thing:

- my old A8 was a little 'down' on the back part of the car, since of woofer's weight. I'm just worried that if I put a woofer inside, the car would be out of balance and nose would look always up a little. Any reccomendations about it?

Thank you.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congrats on your new A6 purchase. Did you purchase it from Open Road Audi?

You are running the most current software, that I know of at least.

When considering an update it is fairly easy to do, since you are in Brooklyn I can do it with you. I have gotten the hang of it after learning the hard way.

The right mirror can/does go down as your old A8, set the mirror switch to the right on the driver door panel put car in reverse, and the mirror will tilt.

I wouldn't worry about the balance situation since you car is fairly new. The weight of a subwoofer and enclosure wouldn't cause a drastic dip in the rear. Especially on a fairly new car.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:59 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for reply, <b>audisport1</b>, yes, I've read about your trouble with MMI, sorry to hear that, everything went well in the end?

No, I purchased it from some 'russian' dealership in Jersey, didn't give me any drop on a price, but price was fairly good, so I went for it.

As soon as that's most current update, I won't be needing any updates as for now, I believe. Where I can take a look at all updates / dates, do you know?

Mirror didn't go down, I tried that, well, I'll try it one more time, maybe did something wrong, since I have a car for 2 days only.

Thanks for woofer explanation, I'm already used to that heavy bass feeling, so ... I'm going to do it anyway. How do you like bose overall? Is it good, or it's better to upgrade all speakers to something else?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

As of right now my MMI just magically started working after about 3 weeks. Only issue is some features like Bluetooth aren't working due to the 4140 software not being uploaded 100%. I have a new interface module so I am going to swap it out and then I will be as good as new. Along with the module I bought a video adapter to enable an A/V connections to hookup a DVD player and Xbox 360.

I made friends with a tech over at Open Road Audi that is going to install all this for me tomorrow. If you need any work done this guy knows these cars really well and does side work at the dealer after 5:30.

Give the mirror a shot again, if that doesn't work play with the mirror switch their definetly is a way to configure the mirror to tilt in reverse.

The bose system is great it is really loud, along with a sub you should have the perfect sound system.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:27 AM
enc
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you for reply, where are you located? I'm in South Brooklyn, near Coney Island hospital, if you want to meet up or something, let me know.

Also, that's great if you know that Audi tech guy, for future, I always wanted a friend like that

Hope all your update will work out fine, let us know in any case.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by enc
Thank you for reply, where are you located? I'm in South Brooklyn, near Coney Island hospital, if you want to meet up or something, let me know.

Also, that's great if you know that Audi tech guy, for future, I always wanted a friend like that

Hope all your update will work out fine, let us know in any case.
Im in BayRidge, we can meetup I want to check your car out.

I can introduce you to Jason at Open Road Audi, from what I read on this forum a brake job on these cars can run over $600. It pays to know someone on the inside!

I will keep my thread updated, as I did with the Paddle Shift Retrofit thread. I am also going to do one on S6 LED lights retrofit onto stock A6 bumpers.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could be mistaken, but I believe there is a 46.X version out. I am surprised to hear about the mirrors, the left one should drop when the switch is turned left and the right when turned right.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just purchased a 05 A6 3.2Q and I checked my MMI version as 10.70.xxxx

I suppose that's almost ancient??? any way that I can update it myself?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes you can update it yourself. It is fairly easy and straightfoward just don't hookup a battery tender directly to the battery itself always hook up a booster/battery tender under the hood.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by enc
but I was really dissapointed to find out, mirrors do not go down as on my old A8 - it's really hard to tell how close you are to edge of the road when parking. Is there a way to make them go down? Well, I guess it's just a matter of a habit.
I take it you have electric seats? For some weird reason Audi sets the mirror to tilt only if electric seats are present (In Europe anywyas). If this isnt the case, you can activate mirror tilt via Vagcom (Y)

Chris

Quick Reply: New member, questions about MMI update