A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

No Sirius TMC after 3G and Nav update

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default No Sirius TMC after 3G and Nav update

I have a 2011 A6 Prestige with 3G MMI high nav. I recently went through the trouble of upgrading the software and navigation to the latest (HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 and 8R0-060-884-EN NAR 2017/2018).

The software update went without incident. However, when I updated the navigation data, the update failed at LIT_NAR with an error code. I attempted to retry several times, and it continued to fail. I finished the rest of the update, and MMI restarted. Once restarted, Navigation was not available (as I expected, since it failed to update). I went back to the update screen, and the update finished without further problems.

Navigation works wonderfully! It seems to run smoother than it did on the original map and software. The problem is that my TMC and dynamic routing is gone! The TMC logo has disappeared from the navigation screen. Dynamic Route is set to ON, I have an active subcription with Sirius and have sent a refresh signal multiple times, my MMI shows in the green menu that I have an active data subscription, and I have no fault codes in my MMI or Radio modules. It has been three days without traffic, so I don't think it is a matter of waiting for the traffic to reappear. I have checked coding and adaptation channels of my MMI, and there are no differences since the update. And as for the Radio, I only know that the coding hasn't changed, as I have no pre-update adaptation map of that module. I am hoping one of you smart persons can guide me in fixing this annoyance. I am greatful for any help that anyone can offer!

Attached below are some screens shots of my MMI unit, and the information I see.

Old 09-06-2018, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Old 09-06-2018, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting, my 2010 A6 Premium Plus is in the dealer for the same update. My scenario maybe different but dealer insists the vehicle was NOT EQUIPPED from the factory with Sirius. I checked sales brochure and says it is or at least should be. The Sirius is not that critical since I have a portable unit but want to know if the dealer is wrong. They also insist the MMI software is up to date but the NAV software/database is outdated. For my record does anyone know what the current MMI software and NAV Software version is? More to make sure that dealer updated correctly.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Reply

Originally Posted by 2010DFWA6
Interesting, my 2010 A6 Premium Plus is in the dealer for the same update. My scenario maybe different but dealer insists the vehicle was NOT EQUIPPED from the factory with Sirius. I checked sales brochure and says it is or at least should be. The Sirius is not that critical since I have a portable unit but want to know if the dealer is wrong. They also insist the MMI software is up to date but the NAV software/database is outdated. For my record does anyone know what the current MMI software and NAV Software version is? More to make sure that dealer updated correctly.
If you look above at my original post, I am certain that HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 is the latest MMI software version. As far as the NAR maps, I have the 2017 version. I'm not sure if the 2018 maps have been released yet, but if they have, they would be the latest
Old 09-10-2018, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

That's a start. I just happen to still have the photo from my MMI screen with the software version. Indicates HNav_US_P0110_D1 NAV DATABASE VERSION: 8R0060884F_NAR 5.3.4 I will double check MMI screen when I pick it up, hopefully today or tomorrow. Thanks for the help. I would probably reasonably conclude that the 2010 and 11 models should be close if not exact as far as updates go.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010DFWA6
When I bought my 2010 A6 (Premium Plus trim) used in 2015, it did not show Sirius in the MMI, when you look under the radio section (I could select AM and FM, not Sirius was not on the list). I knew it was supposed to have it, like the brochure said.

I read a bunch online and decided that updating from P0110 to K0133 might fix it. I obtained the K0133 software and updated it - and it worked! I now had Sirius. I called them update, gave them the serial numbers for the music and traffic. After a few minutes, it was all working.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I should know soon, vehicle still at dealer so I will check software load after check out. I really hope it is that simple. Even better if it gives the update to get me Road trip Radio (CH301) I will update when back on property. Then I can attack the suspension issues (Control Arm Bushings)
Old 09-12-2018, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

This will be a quick update for now since I need to get back to day rest for midnight shift.

Good News The K0133 software version is installed. AND Sirius is available as source select. I haven't tried activation yet but at least know apparently available and I have a ESN to work with.

NAV NAR (I am guessing North America Region) 6.17.1 I am guessing June 2017 version 1.

I think I am set except for breaking the MMI cursor **** thinking I could just pop off and back on. I will deal with that later. Thanks for the help and off to the races. I still need the windshield washer pump R/R (Probably tomorrow, crack at the base of the pump housing.) Need to remove tire so need to move other vehicle out of garage.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

As an update...
Again today I deleted the navigation database, followed by deleting the Nav partition, then performed an emergency update with the HNav_US_K0133_3_D1 firmware. I updated the remaining modules with the same firmware, and installed the map (8R0-060-884-EN NAR 2017/2018). Before I used the activator (Audi_3GH_Fix_K0257), I snooped around my navigation, and my TMC was still NOT there. I let the MMI restart a few times and send refresh signals. I used the activator, got navigation working, and appear no closer to figuring out WTH happened to my TMC.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I got everything figured just in time to break the MMI cursor control ****. The central cursor select I can use the buttons but not the cursor. University of YouTube indicates that the cursor has its own circuit board. I ordered a new MMI from eBay but the face is well worn. My panel face is great but the cursor **** is shot. I will take the replacement MMI and swap the cursor **** from that one to my MMI main selector panel. Just to be safe I ordered another MMI NAV Main Circuit Board, so between the three items I should be able to Frankenstein a workable MMI panel, and selection cursor. I will know in a few days.

Quick Reply: No Sirius TMC after 3G and Nav update