A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Oct release AOA- RVU repair of phone prep and software upgrade CQ91D8.HAVE U HAD THIS ? NEWS UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 PM
nab
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oct release AOA- RVU repair of phone prep and software upgrade CQ91D8.HAVE U HAD THIS ? NEWS UPDATE!

I did not see anyone in this forum with this news so here it is! After my dealer completed this required rvu upgrade i noticed some improvments on my 2007. faster connect to bluetooth, more options on compatible phones, clarity of calls,minor menu changes to call list, display change when phone is connected and inserted in phone prep cradle"arm rest" still discovering things! what i was told for all of you out there that at least in my case my 07 did not require and further mmi firmware or software "vag" update from its 2740. was told that going up to 33.60 or 44.00 was only for all 2005 and some 2006!and that some of the changes within the 2 upgrades did not always improve customer complaints tech issiues etc.. and took away some minor display featues. all of those complaints and tech issiues were resolved in my 2007 and up c-6 cars with the 2740 software, but was much improved in how it was written and how its functionalty worked within 27.40 hence no up grade needed. also improved hardware lead to better operating,can buss etc.. in the my 07 and up.this phone upgrade was to add a few features and work better with new phones and up and coming phones and there tech improvments also mmi display of inopperative phone. also depending on what options your car has prodution date etc. decides updates for some my 06.cars that had very rare purchased options like adpt air and cruise etc may reqire a whole other upgrade. also depending on what nav dvd version you have may require the 33.6 or to the 44. ver 5 or up does not require up grades!this is in ref to hw-16 and software index 0700. using firm cd-4L0 906 961Q.IT SEEMS THAT 05, 06 C-6 from what i read in this forum 05-06-c6 have alot of tech issiues and even with software updates and people attempting to upgrade it themselves there are alot of reported problems. maybe becase people are attempting to update when there is no reason and then they screw up the cars functionalty.starting in 2007 and up c-6 became much improved no gliches to speak of at least in my car. just my observance!please post any news you have. i will post any other developments on this as needed.ps sorry for any type errors i am in a hurry going to laguna seca"alms" and wanted to get this out there
Old 10-13-2008, 02:57 PM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wut?
Old 10-14-2008, 06:59 AM
nab
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re:I put this out there so you can go to your dealer. i put it as best i understood it from my

dealer. if you cant figure out how to call or inquire on this then i am sorry for you, you have other issiues! there are far to many sofa grease monkeys on this forum its scary. mis informed people on complicated autos are what we dont need here. there are non stop posts on software updates, do this do that, and 80% of them are complete B.S.stick to a go kart or something that you can pull start no gizmos no software stuff etc.. please call on this CQ to your dealer and you will see.you did not know about this untill i posted it.and rest easy because this is factual. all the best
Old 10-14-2008, 09:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am now very sleepy from reading this diatribe...and confused. But mainly sleepy...
Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
nab
Audiworld Junior Member

Re:FRYBEAR Stay asleep if your not interested!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 AM
ESN
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quite the attitude for someone who can't write a complete sentence, let alone a paragraph.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default hmmm.... i had to re-read this post a few times to understand what you are trying to say

and i understand that you think that updating MMI may not necessarily solve all issues but i don't know that i would blatantly accuse the entire forum of being clueless and updating software for no reason -- it works for some and not for others.

I had my MMI updated from 11.something to 33.6 and i found that bluetooth clarity improved, phone book transfer issues fixed, phone connection issues fixed, plus other MMI improvements such as moving the legal screen and quicker screen transitions.

Those fixes were well worth the 2-days the car spent at the dealer IMO....
Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Quite the attitude for someone who can't write a complete sentence, let alone a paragraph.

Hey Nab - nab yourself 'Spellcheck' !

ha ha
Old 10-14-2008, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

huh? what? sorry, you woke me up...now, what were you saying?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default upgrading to 33.6 on my 2005 made a much bigger difference than the upgrade to 41.40 for me

I still get a screeching sound when using my iphone on via bluetooth unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Oct release AOA- RVU repair of phone prep and software upgrade CQ91D8.HAVE U HAD THIS ? NEWS UPDATE!