A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Paddle Shift Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paddle Shift Retrofit

Just browsing on ebay I came accross this steering wheel:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

So I decided to buy it after realizing it was a $1563 OEM part and my wheel shows signs of excessive wear after 50k.

Now I am curious if this has ever been retrofitted before. My car is a 2005 and from what I am told paddle shifters were not an option in '05. Is there anyone who would be able to help me out with this retrofit.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

After a little researching all morning wondering if this will work.I know it is for a B7 but maybe the C6 is possibility the same software?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...shift+retrofit
Old 03-03-2010, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is interesting...i would like to add paddle shifters to my 06 Sline.
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I spoke to Alexander va Gerbig at Europrice.us who confirmed that it is a simple swap. All that is required is you must code the module via Vagcom to handle steering wheel with paddles.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I installed the wheel. Took about 5 minutes, the easiest thing I ever did. Since I don't have the cable/Vag Com I am going to stop at AMS AutoWerks in Linden to see if they can code my car to accept the fact that it now has paddles connected. Will keep the thread informed for anyone else who is interested.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please do..so ur saying for ~200 or less...we can add paddle shifting to a car that doesnt already have it.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Ok I had the car coded for tiptronic paddles last night at AMS Motorwerks in Linden , NJ. Im not putting a price on the parts, I know they are expensive. I was able to get a new $1560 steering wheel with paddles and swapped it out myself (real easy to do). All that needed to be done to enable the paddles was a simple coding through VCDS. You go to the steering wheel controller and change the 4th number from a 0 to a 1.

Special thanks to Alexander our at Europrice and Diego at AMS Motorwerks.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audisport1
Ok I had the car coded for tiptronic paddles last night at AMS Motorwerks in Linden , NJ. Im not putting a price on the parts, I know they are expensive. I was able to get a new $1560 steering wheel with paddles and swapped it out myself (real easy to do). All that needed to be done to enable the paddles was a simple coding through VCDS. You go to the steering wheel controller and change the 4th number from a 0 to a 1.

Thanks for the update. Is your new steering Heated? I'm looking forward to do a steering wheel swap b/c I want the heating feature.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

My new wheel is heated. We programmed it for tiptronic and heat but the heat feature wont enable. My cousin tried likewise on his B7 A4 and after some research found out an extra module is needed to enable the heat. I am not 100% sure of this, as he was the one who did the research.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audisport1

I am thinking about doing this to my 08 Sline and wanted to know if there is anything I should look out for when doing the install. I don't have Vag Com but know someone who can do it on the weekend for me. Do you think I can still drive the car around while I wait for the weekend when I can get phase 2 (software) done?

Also i assume you need to put the car in "D" and then move the gear selector to the + & - to get the shifters to work. Is that correct?

Quick Reply: Paddle Shift Retrofit