A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Passenger Airbag light--annoying!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Passenger Airbag light--annoying!

I love the ambient light in my 2010 A6--very soft, soothing and rich looking--except that glaring yellow "Passenger Airbag Off" light right in the middle of the center stack. Pretty much ruins the lighting "mood". Is that thing supposed to stay on the entire time there is no one in that seat? I really don't need that information more than maybe a second or two--in case I am concerned about airbag protection for my imaginary passenger or something. Can that light be shut off or programmed to go out after a (short) period of time? Wouldn't it make more sense to tell me (again--briefly) that it the airbag is on?
Old 10-15-2010, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

a week ago there was a post providing a solution to blacken out the light. alternativly you can put a strip of electric tape over it.

my problem with the whole system. as I understand it is there to prevent airbag deployment if somebody have infant seat on the passanger seat. I do not have it. so I want the airbag always ON. sometimes I have a lighter passanger who moves around the seat and that randomly switches airbag on and off. that is outright wrong. so unless I miss something about the purpose of the switch - I will reprogram it to be always on.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beep-beep
a week ago there was a post providing a solution to blacken out the light. alternativly you can put a strip of electric tape over it.

my problem with the whole system. as I understand it is there to prevent airbag deployment if somebody have infant seat on the passanger seat. I do not have it. so I want the airbag always ON. sometimes I have a lighter passanger who moves around the seat and that randomly switches airbag on and off. that is outright wrong. so unless I miss something about the purpose of the switch - I will reprogram it to be always on.
I wouldn't mess with it for a simple fact that if any goes wrong after that, it's your own problem to deal with.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It will save you a ton of money if you get into a front end fender bender and that airbag deploys if nobody is in the seat. Airbags are not cheap!