A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Please HELP!!!😣

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP!!!😣

Hello.
i have a 06 A6 Avant Quattro that is having the put into Park message pop up every time I shut car off. key won't come out ignition if used so I operate using the push start & stop button. I've been finding the battery has been drained if car hasn't been moved in a day due to not being completely locked. Look up what possibly can this be and have come to the conclusion that it is the shift interlock connector needs to be replaced. Has anyone done this replacement or aware of a video/ photos of how to remove and replace? I stumbled across one but haven't been able to find it again, thank you for reading and replies in advance but looking for photos /videos and or information specifically on changing shift lock microswitchs/ shift interlock connector.

warning when car is in park and exiting.

Micro switch that needs to be replaced audi part number: 4f0971697
Old 01-18-2020, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not aware of a video/posting covering that part but before you go too far in that direction, I'm going to raise questions not because I know you are wrong but because it could be something else. At the "easy/cheaper" end I would get battery checked first - if it's the original it's likely worn/dying and when that happens it can start to cause electrical parts to not function as they should and you think it's the part but it's the battery. At the expenseive/hard end - there are known issues with the steering columns in these cars where modules don't work and you have to replace the steering column. Those two options noted it could be what think it is but I'd check the battery first to rule it out before throwing time & $ at something that may not be the root cause.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by 09mazda6
I'm not aware of a video/posting covering that part but before you go too far in that direction, I'm going to raise questions not because I know you are wrong but because it could be something else. At the "easy/cheaper" end I would get battery checked first - if it's the original it's likely worn/dying and when that happens it can start to cause electrical parts to not function as they should and you think it's the part but it's the battery. At the expenseive/hard end - there are known issues with the steering columns in these cars where modules don't work and you have to replace the steering column. Those two options noted it could be what think it is but I'd check the battery first to rule it out before throwing time & $ at something that may not be the root cause.
Thanksfor the timely reply but i purchased a new battery and installed and programmed it 3weeks ago, battery is dead already. I've seen others speaking on this same issue but no one has made a descriptive documentation for it.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Updates?

I’m needing to replace this on my Q7 and am having trouble finding info on it as well. Did you ever find anything and did this fix the “vehicle not in park” issue?
Old 09-25-2021, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by ieighteen
Thanksfor the timely reply but i purchased a new battery and installed and programmed it 3weeks ago, battery is dead already. I've seen others speaking on this same issue but no one has made a descriptive documentation for it.
Is your MMI working?
Old 09-25-2021, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
Is your MMI working?
bravo