A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Push start ignition???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Push start ignition???

Ok, so I have had my car for 4 days now. Eevrything works perfectly (as I cross my fingers). However, for some reason the push start ignition doesn't seem to work. I tried it out when I bought the car and it worked. Now when i get in the car nothing.

The start and stop buttons light up, but the car does not start. It will shut off however when i use the stop button. I depress the brake pedal and still nothing. The doors unlock using the advanced key so my battery is not dead. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The start button has two positions; accy power on and start. Try holding the button down for a second and make sure to push it past the first click. Don't, however, push it hard at all. I still slip up occasionally
Old 08-12-2009, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
Ok, so I have had my car for 4 days now. Eevrything works perfectly (as I cross my fingers). However, for some reason the push start ignition doesn't seem to work. I tried it out when I bought the car and it worked. Now when i get in the car nothing.

The start and stop buttons light up, but the car does not start. It will shut off however when i use the stop button. I depress the brake pedal and still nothing. The doors unlock using the advanced key so my battery is not dead. Am I doing something wrong?
occurred on mine just replace the start stop button. don't get scared its only $60. you can dyi or have the dealer do it if you bought the warranty is covered. mine was replaced and its fine. The DYI and part # is listed somewhere in this forum. I don't have the link handy though.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mikegilbert
The start button has two positions; accy power on and start. Try holding the button down for a second and make sure to push it past the first click. Don't, however, push it hard at all. I still slip up occasionally
Didn't work. Both buttons light up but I am getting nothing. I have vag-com on the way. Will there be a fault for this?
Old 08-12-2009, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Didn't work. Both buttons light up but I am getting nothing. I have vag-com on the way. Will there be a fault for this?
dude, its not the car its the button! I had the same problem and if you push the button multiple times or really hard or in a different place it will start eventually. its the button. trust me.
Old 08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by triplecore
dude, its not the car its the button! I had the same problem and if you push the button multiple times or really hard or in a different place it will start eventually. its the button. trust me.
I understand it's the button.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

I understand it's the button.
sorry I just want to make sure we had the same issue since I am so adminent about your button. I would feel really bad if you bought a new button and it still doesn't work.

On my A6 the button would always get the car into accessory mode with no issues ever, but the problem was sometime the engine would not start. And I would have to push the different corners of the button or sometime push on it really hard. Is this your same symptoms?

hope this helps and here's the DIY link
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...ighlight=start

hope this helps

ps I am no audi mechanic so please don't take my advice too seriously or sue me if doesn't work
Old 08-12-2009, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you pressing it hard enough? That was my issue... lol

As said, there are two positions for the start button. Second position happens when you press the button down hard enough after the initial click.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are you putting your foot on the brake while trying to start? Not being facetious, just noting that you haven't had the car that long so you may not realize you have to.

Kiros
Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kiros
Are you putting your foot on the brake while trying to start? Not being facetious, just noting that you haven't had the car that long so you may not realize you have to.

Kiros
Sorry, didn't see your brake message in your first post.

Quick Reply: Push start ignition???