A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Rector Audi order: website security certificate problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rector Audi order: website security certificate problem

Anybody else order from Rector Audi? When I go to checkout, my browser warns me that the site's identity cannot be verified because the certificate is signed by an unknown certifying authority.

Has anyone else had any issues?
Old 12-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Use genuineaudiparts.com instead. They are about 5-10% less expensive and their service is great! I have used them for years and they are always great to deal with. Highly recommended. Rob
Old 12-26-2010, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 175 Likes on 154 Posts

I've ordered from both Audipartsnationwide.com/Rector Audi (most recently) and Genuinineaudiparts.com (previously and more orders), and had no problems with either. My last order, thru Rector, was handled fast and efficiently (and quicker delivery since they are located closer to me). Both Rector and Genuineaudiparts use the same site for processing orders, Intelligentz Automotive Corporation, and have the same exact part prices. The reason I ordered thru Rector on my last order was that Genuineaudiparts was charging 9.4% for shipping, and Rector Audi charged ~4% on a $600+ order. One other change I noticed was that Rector sent me a Rector Motor Car Co. dealer parts invoice, just like you receive when you go to a dealer in person. Genuineaudiparts doesn't do that. Another data point was that Rector Audi was highlighted for its cusotmer service in the Fall issue of the Audi NA Quattro quarterly. Given my experience, I will continue to order from Audipartsnationwide.com (Rector) until I experience a problem that is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Last edited by A6Gary; 12-26-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've also ordered from Rector's website (back then it was audiporschevwparts.com - not the cheaper audipartsnationwide.com site). No problems with them. I just go to the store and pick up my items since I live in the area.

Originally Posted by A6Gary
I've ordered from both Audipartsnationwide.com/Rector Audi (most recently) and Genuinineaudiparts.com (previously and more orders), and had no problems with either. My last order, thru Rector, was handled fast and efficiently (and quicker delivery since they are located closer to me). Both Rector and Genuineaudiparts use the same site for processing orders, Intelligentz Automotive Corporation, and have the same exact part prices. The reason I ordered thru Rector on my last order was that Genuineaudiparts was charging 9.4% for shipping, and Rector Audi charged ~4% on a $600+ order. One other change I noticed was that Rector sent me a Rector Motor Car Co. dealer parts invoice, just like you receive when you go to a dealer in person. Genuineaudiparts doesn't do that. Another data point was that Rector Audi was highlighted for its cusotmer service in the Fall issue of the Audi NA Quattro quarterly. Given my experience, I will continue to order from Audipartsnationwide.com (Rector) until I experience a problem that is not resolved to my satisfaction.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the input all. As always, I appreciate the feedback. Based on previous recommendations, I wasn't too worried about the service from Rector. My main concern was the security of their website per my initial post. Any thoughts on this specific aspect?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Buckeyedoc006
Thanks for the input all. As always, I appreciate the feedback. Based on previous recommendations, I wasn't too worried about the service from Rector. My main concern was the security of their website per my initial post. Any thoughts on this specific aspect?
If net security is problematic to you, why not call Rector directly?
Old 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MikeZ LI
If net security is problematic to you, why not call Rector directly?
Online purchases are not a major concern/worry of mine. I purchase things online very frequently. The issue was specifically related to the lack of a recognized security certificate to their specific website.

Incidentally, I ended up ordering some things from them online based on others ordering from them in the past.