A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Review of deAuto LED complete interior LED kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2016, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 406 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Well I finally made my way to one thing I’ve wanted to address from day 1. The TRUNK light.
It’s the exact same way to remove as the puddle lights and they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll just let them do the talking.
Did you encounter any issues replacing the trunk bulb? Are there any special notes on how to install the LED or bulb in the housing?

I tried to replace mine this morning. I first removed the bulb then placed the LED. It did not turn on even though I shut and reopened the trunk, locked and unlocked the car, ran the engine. I thought it was the LED's fault so I placed the original bulb back but it didn't work either. I drove to work and checked again, still off.

Last edited by kelisko; 06-08-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kelisko
Did you encounter any issues replacing the trunk bulb? Are there any special notes on how to install the LED or bulb in the housing?

I tried to replace mine this morning. I first removed the bulb then placed the LED. It did not turn on even though I shut and reopened the trunk, locked and unlocked the car, ran the engine. I thought it was the LED's fault so I placed the original bulb back but it didn't work either. I drove to work and checked again, still off.
I had the same problem also. This is what I did to resolve the problem. I hooked the trunk LED to the jockey box light hook up. Once the LED lights up unhook it. Now plug it back into the trunk light hook up. Close all doors and trunk. Go inside wait 30 minutes. Then check. It's should be working.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BlackR1ce
I had the same problem also. This is what I did to resolve the problem. I hooked the trunk LED to the jockey box light hook up. Once the LED lights up unhook it. Now plug it back into the trunk light hook up. Close all doors and trunk. Go inside wait 30 minutes. Then check. It's should be working.
I appreciate the tip!

Yesterday as I got home I double-checked and realized it was a contact issue. I just made sure the LED was well installed and in contact with the housing metals, shut trunk and all doors, locked the vehicle, waited 60 seconds, unlocked the vehicle and voila
Old 04-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This is odd, we recently had someone return the bulb for this reason as they thought it was broken, we tried it in another car's trunk and it worked first try.

The new LED had same issue but then he said it worked without any explanation so we are not sure if he had to do anything to make it work.

Basically, install and let the car CANBUS cycle and get use to the LED in the trunk housing?

Thank you
i: http://instagram.com/deAutoLED
Old 06-05-2016, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 206 Likes on 175 Posts

Hi folks,

So I finally got a chance to take some decent pics of the rear license plate LED retrofit and as usual with the deAuto products, they work well. The light is not glaring and adds a nice touch to the look of the vehicle.

Here's some pre, during, and post install pics to give you all an idea on what they look like. I'm very impressed and the only difficult part of the install was getting the infinitesimally small screws out, which held the current lights in place

pre:
Name:  IMG_20160124_170426_zpsw4rtmswc.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  158.3 KB

Name:  IMG_20160124_170443_zpspiotl7rz.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  138.8 KB

the new LEDS
Name:  IMG_20160124_173202_zpszkkcpl1q.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  152.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20160605_210740_zpsor4ylrns.jpg
Views: 1187
Size:  182.4 KB
Old 06-06-2016, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi folks,

So I finally got a chance to take some decent pics of the rear license plate LED retrofit and as usual with the deAuto products, they work well. The light is not glaring and adds a nice touch to the look of the vehicle.

Here's some pre, during, and post install pics to give you all an idea on what they look like. I'm very impressed and the only difficult part of the install was getting the infinitesimally small screws out, which held the current lights in place
Looks great! This definitely changes the look of the car to the best...
Old 06-06-2016, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only difficult part of the install was getting the infinitesimally small screws out, which held the current lights in place
Raj, I agree, those screws are a PITA to get out. Mine are pretty well stripped from switching my lights out twice (I bought a cheaper set of LEDs and had to replace them within 3 months). I read from someone else that they were able to obtain the screws with a torx head (from europaparts.com I think).

Something to think about...
Old 06-06-2016, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I posted the screws specs here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...oding-2900672/
Old 06-07-2016, 09:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi folks,

I.M.O, FAR too bright. They outshine the rear lights.
They are only there to dimly illuminate the number plate.
I am all for the white light but tone it down a lot.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bizzle
Raj, I agree, those screws are a PITA to get out. Mine are pretty well stripped from switching my lights out twice (I bought a cheaper set of LEDs and had to replace them within 3 months). I read from someone else that they were able to obtain the screws with a torx head (from europaparts.com I think).

Something to think about...
Originally Posted by kelisko
Looks great! This definitely changes the look of the car to the best...
Originally Posted by royclark
I.M.O, FAR too bright. They outshine the rear lights.
They are only there to dimly illuminate the number plate.
I am all for the white light but tone it down a lot.
Thanks for the photos and feedback raj.
We warranty all our product with a lifetime warranty but our LEDs are built to last!

royclark - that is incorrect. These won't outshine the taillights at all especially when there are other cars around, you won't even be able to see the white light hitting the bumper or ground and just the license plates but you will still be able to see the tails with other headlights/car lights around.

But many OEM will be bright and shine past the bumper.

The style works and looks good, and most people want the bright LED light.
i: http://instagram.com/deAutoLED

Quick Reply: Review of deAuto LED complete interior LED kit