A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

What’s worse is that it is being beaten to death.
Old 02-10-2024, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

Old 02-11-2024, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
first, read the rules of the forum and be respectful toward other members.

Especially toward members like Kelisko who has done more for Audi community then you EVER will. He helped hundreds, if not thousands fix and maintain their Audis.

What did you contribute to this forum? Dont be shy now, feel free to show off.
I'll vouch for Kelisko any day. Has really contributed a lot to the community. And his repair videos are top notch.

Personally I love driving my C6, but the repairs lately are getting out of hand. Close to 5k over the last year, but would have been higher if I hadn't replaced the radiator myself (thanks in part to Kalisko's video). It's going to be a third car in the family in the next few months when I take delivery of my new 911. Hopefully my c6 will be more reliable with less use
Old 02-13-2024, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

you will be missed here. But hey, maybe we all re-onverge on the same car model in the future and see you again in another forum.
good luck
Old 02-17-2024, 11:19 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I have always firmly believed that the primary reason that a person decides to hate VAG cars is because they want to treat them like a kia and drive them to 100k miles without thinking about maintenance. IOr, they want to maintain them by themselves, but are too lazy or ignorant to read the service information and perform the repair properly, i.e. RTFM. 've easily owned over 100 cars of nearly every make over the past 3 decades, and I primarily buy basket cases, neglected cars with 100k+ miles on them, for cheap, and fix them. That is how I ended up with so many VAG cars. When it comes to ease and cost of repair, the VAG always wins. Some older GM vehicles definitely won on ease of automatic transmission rebuild, but the ZF transmissions are so much more robust that VAG still wins in my book for that aspect.
I understand that the electrical problems, some of which are common on the VAG cars, frustrate people greatly because they don't want to learn electronics - But all of those problems are really quite simple and you can do anything including repairing circuit boards from a wet->corroded module on your kitchen table with basic tools.
I understand some people's frustration with once-per-ownership repairs like the cam girdle seals on the TFSI V6, but when you are in there to replace the chain guides anyway, it's just a small amount of additional effort and if you do it right, you only do it once. You can complain all day about the design but in reality they were simply ahead of their time with that design, look at all the newer drivetrains from other manufacturers in the 2010's, so many of which are proving to be disposable trash that you toss in the garbage before 150k miles. At least you can fix the VAG car and it will give you 300k miles without complaint.
I never get less than 200k miles from a VAG car and I am pretty hard on them. I totally get the desire of some to buy something that "just works" for the first 100k miles without thinking about it, but those cars are all little soda cans like hondas and toyotas and there just isn't any comparison between the driving experience of those cars vs. most VAG cars. Pretty sure I'll be VAG until I die, heh heh heh.
The following users liked this post:
AudiAllTheWay (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

ITS NOT JUST ABOOUT FIXING THEM. its fixing retarded items that just make no sense to need to be fixed or to be bad at first place.

Like, my fxkn windshield wiper is not pressing down anymore and when they wipe it leaves a gap in the middle. Apparently its some spring, that you cant buy new, but have to figure it out somehow. Like, COME ON get out of here with that BS

Old 02-17-2024, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Sure thing Kelisko 😉
Old 02-18-2024, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
ITS NOT JUST ABOOUT FIXING THEM. its fixing retarded items that just make no sense to need to be fixed or to be bad at first place.

Like, my fxkn windshield wiper is not pressing down anymore and when they wipe it leaves a gap in the middle. Apparently its some spring, that you cant buy new, but have to figure it out somehow. Like, COME ON get out of here with that BS
That is literally a problem with every single brand of vehicle as the metal that the spring is made out of gets old...

People who say "items that make no sense" just need to RTFM. No vehicle is perfect but damn I love buying dirt cheap VAG cars from ignorants and then fixing and driving them 100k+ miles (after they already have 100k-150k miles on them) for next to nothing. So I am fine with as many people as possible considering VAG cars to be "trash" as possible :-)

I have tried this strategy with so many brands from all the US OEM's to almost every japanese brand... The german brands always win nowadays. There was a ~10 year period where the GM's won (and a few years where fords won) but those days (the 90's) are long gone.
Old 02-18-2024, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
That is literally a problem with every single brand of vehicle as the metal that the spring is made out of gets old...

People who say "items that make no sense" just need to RTFM. No vehicle is perfect but damn I love buying dirt cheap VAG cars from ignorants and then fixing and driving them 100k+ miles (after they already have 100k-150k miles on them) for next to nothing. So I am fine with as many people as possible considering VAG cars to be "trash" as possible :-)

I have tried this strategy with so many brands from all the US OEM's to almost every japanese brand... The german brands always win nowadays. There was a ~10 year period where the GM's won (and a few years where fords won) but those days (the 90's) are long gone.
literally, FIRST TIME in my 26 years of driving. When you are so capable, let me know then how to fix this
Old 02-19-2024, 12:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand