A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 175 Likes on 154 Posts

Quite stable! Thanks for the show.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by A6Gary
Quite stable! Thanks for the show.
Hehe
Old 02-28-2024, 03:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

And this just in

Old 02-28-2024, 05:26 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I always laugh at these JD power (and similar) charts. Ignorant consumers who know only how to consume get into a car and decide how "satisfied" they are... And these are for rechargeable cars? So as compared to a real car, they are, what, scaled 10x lower for the rechargeable? Lmao
Old 02-28-2024, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
I always laugh at these JD power (and similar) charts. Ignorant consumers who know only how to consume get into a car and decide how "satisfied" they are... And these are for rechargeable cars? So as compared to a real car, they are, what, scaled 10x lower for the rechargeable? Lmao
when are you gonna learn that 99.9% of car users are just that, users? for them, a car is a tool like TV or dishwasher. When TV or dishwasher is broken, they will get someone to fix them, same with cars. I done see anything wrong there.

Even then, you are still wrong, if you actually looked into this more, these are issues people are reporting with their brand new cars.

Stop comparing everybody with YOURSELF, the fact you can fix some things, doesnt mean others will. Good for you. You are handy, capable, smart, perfect.

With you logic, everybody should be a mechanic, a construction worker, a doctor, a farmer, etc., because, all those things you could technically do yourself. Why pay or use anybody for anything?
Old 02-28-2024, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Guess we should all throw away our C6’s cause someone found an EV report on the Internet 🤣
Old 02-28-2024, 06:29 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Can
when are you gonna learn that 99.9% of car users are just that, users? for them, a car is a tool like TV or dishwasher. When TV or dishwasher is broken, they will get someone to fix them, same with cars. I done see anything wrong there.

Even then, you are still wrong, if you actually looked into this more, these are issues people are reporting with their brand new cars.

Stop comparing everybody with YOURSELF, the fact you can fix some things, doesnt mean others will. Good for you. You are handy, capable, smart, perfect.

With you logic, everybody should be a mechanic, a construction worker, a doctor, a farmer, etc., because, all those things you could technically do yourself. Why pay or use anybody for anything?
Maybe that's true where you are? Are you in some big metropolitan area or something? Where I'm from, nearly everyone works on their own cars. For pete's sake, I know single moms in their 20's who do their own brakes and oil changes. They learn how to do it from youtube videos and call friends for help if they get stuck. Stop projecting your consumerist metro life on those who choose to live in the real world. I will definitely agree that more and more people nowadays seem to be trending towards the Useless Eater i.e. consumer lifestyle in cities where they can get by like that (for now) but there are still an absolute ton of people doing the opposite, and in areas where this is common, it is becoming more and more common due to how expensive everything is becoming. In the country, jobs pay much less than in the big cities, therefore it pays more every day to do your own work. I've taught myself to fix literally every single thing that breaks in my life, yes it was painful to do so, but this choice was so much better than choosing to be a consumer and just entertaining myself while paying someone else to fix it.

I am NOT "handy, capable, smart, perfect" - I am a half retarded country person who seems to have to work 10x as hard to learn something as these smart people who can just read a book or diagram and understand it. I can only understand it by doing it. My repair capability is the result of a ridiculous number of hours of hard work, and an impossible number of failures over the years which I learned from. Literally anyone can do this, and most can likely do it better than me - My brain just doesn't get things sometimes and I have to re-learn a thing every time I do it again. It helps to have someone to lean on when you get stuck, and I try to be that person for as many others who are trying to take the same path. You, on the other hand, don't just seem to not want to work on your vehicle - You clearly want to discourage others from doing so - Trying to drag others down with you is downright nasty, please stop doing this.

Anyways, blah, blah, you hate audis, have made the choice not to work on them, good for you, we get it dude.
The following users liked this post:
jonzie77 (02-29-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 06:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

I found a wiper arm spring on the side of the road. Post your address and I will ship a donation to your cause.

Old 02-28-2024, 06:53 AM
Banned

Lmao, there are so many interesting writeups that confirm what I am seeing around me, here is one:

https://simpletire.com/press/release...ng-towards-DIY

86% of "Gen Z" are opting to learn how to do their own car maintenance? This is why I know these young single moms who are wrestling with brake calipers, rotors and fluid changes! This is why some twentysomething waitress was recently bragging to me about the specs on her tuned "4BT cummins" which she loves and maintains!

Given this information, G-HateAudiCan-san, would you care to retract your 99.9% statement? I realize my link is only a single data point but if you google this concept you will find that it appears to be a trend since the mid 2010's (which I was not aware of - but it does explain my observations of the people around me).

If "Gen Z" works on their cars even more than the previous generation then maybe there is some hope for this world...
Old 02-28-2024, 09:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
Lmao, there are so many interesting writeups that confirm what I am seeing around me, here is one:

https://simpletire.com/press/release...ng-towards-DIY

86% of "Gen Z" are opting to learn how to do their own car maintenance? This is why I know these young single moms who are wrestling with brake calipers, rotors and fluid changes! This is why some twentysomething waitress was recently bragging to me about the specs on her tuned "4BT cummins" which she loves and maintains!

Given this information, G-HateAudiCan-san, would you care to retract your 99.9% statement? I realize my link is only a single data point but if you google this concept you will find that it appears to be a trend since the mid 2010's (which I was not aware of - but it does explain my observations of the people around me).

If "Gen Z" works on their cars even more than the previous generation then maybe there is some hope for this world...
article is a joke. no data set, no reference, no details on what kind of "work". It might as well been car washing and pumping tires on a gas station. You have no clue. Grabbing for straws there.
I dont see mechanic shops closing down due to lack of work and clients.

we as a family have full time jobs with overtime and kids and activities and I fxkn started hating touching the car anymore as it eats away my personal time. My best decision was to buy brand new Atlas, 6 years now, with couple oil changes.
6 years with my Audi, honest to god, it was at mechanic 60 times. its unbelivable.
my brother in law has an A5 and Q8, he cant tell me which gave him more headache. Q8 was literally sitting for 2 months as they couldnt source an alternator for it. How could he fix this himself??? please explain me this. How could he fix his A5 that is burning oil in gallons. He should just strip the engine on his driveway and do it himself? A problem that even Audi is having hard time fixing for people and the issue comes back.

some things are doable at home, but lets get real here.

Last edited by G-Can; 02-28-2024 at 09:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand