A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2023, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

You will be missed!!
The following users liked this post:
Old 06-20-2023, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

"is a piece of crap that has drained me completely financially", unfortunately I feel the same way about the "health care" system that I am paying dearly for and not getting any results.

My experience with not only Audi but Mercedes as well is that they cater to the people who buy new vehicles and trade them in before the warranty expires.

They design their vehicles to make it difficult for the DIY to maintain themselves and charge dearly for OEM parts.

I'm glad to be part of your informative videos and posts, Audi can't take away the knowledge that you shared.

I wish you well on your next adventure.
The following 4 users liked this post by A6 4.2 Vier:
Andres2116 (08-20-2023), das60 (09-08-2023), dmdiggitydog (02-27-2024), SchwarzeSchatten0511 (Today)
Old 06-21-2023, 02:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 921 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by A6 4.2 Vier
They design their vehicles to make it difficult for the DIY to maintain themselves.
As a teenager in the late 70s early 80s, I would get under the hood and keep my car on the road. I don’t see teenagers being able to do that today. Cars are now so reliable for the first 120k miles that “wrenching” is no longer a hobby. After 120k they have become very difficult to keep on the road unless you spend a bundle.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

I guess I've had better luck than you. I've owned quite a few VAG cars and LOVED every one. Yes they need some work, but overall my A6 has been one of the better ones I've owned.

You should move onto Benz. My wife has a GL320, great SUV
Old 07-03-2023, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Lose-lose. As others have said, all auto manufacturers (especially luxury brands) are building cars for the new buyer (or leaseholder) that's making them money rather than for the used car salesman to make money on the longevity of the vehicle. Also keep in mind the motto of the WEF is "You will own nothing and be happy". That should be clear for all to see that the goal is to eliminate personal car ownership completely. Whether or not they'll be successful in making that a reality, time will tell.
The following 3 users liked this post by CrazyEights:
Andres2116 (08-20-2023), kelisko (08-04-2023), SchwarzeSchatten0511 (Today)
Old 08-03-2023, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Agree

I COMPLEYELY agree with you. Why hasn't there been a lawsuit? I did speak to a lawyer and they said due to the extended warranty being out of date by the time the oil consumption became a major issue there was nothing they could do...but this is insane. We had 100s of pages of proof and discrepencies in their reports. I reported this issue prior to 75K but audi did not document it on the reports. This was my FIRST new car. I did my research. The Q7 3.0T was not prone to the engine/oil consumption issue and was rated #1 suvs in 2017. I bought it for my family hoping it'd last long, be safe, and have a decent trade in. 6 years later engine consumption issues, back and forth with the dealer for 30K+ miles. Finally got PCV replaced by an honest foreign mechanic outside of Audi but the damage was done. The repaid doesnt have seemed to help. The engine is shot. Had audi just suggested replacing the pcv back then instead of trying to get 40K for a new engine I would still have my car. They wanted to rebuild for 10K but said that the rebuild might not work "if" the walls were warped (clearly were on the photo) so they ordered an engine in case- and wanted to charge me for the rebuild first and then the new engine if it did not work out. 40K. Now I have a 2017 audi q7 that I paid for in cash with all the beautiful features with only 106000 miles on it consuming oil every 400 miles worth crap. Thanks Hoffman audi and corporate audi for putting my family of 4 though this crap so you could make an extra buck on a repair when you really know the parts that could have been fixed for 3K to fix this 30K miles ago. There is DEFINETLY something sketchy going on here.

Originally Posted by kelisko

After 16 years of Audi ownership, I am leaving the brand.

The main reason why I am leaving is that my recently purchased C7 A7 is a piece of crap that has drained me completely financially. The C6 is a great car that I have abused a lot and that needs a lot of fixing here and there. I was hoping that my new C7 A7 would allow me to take the time to fix my C6 A6 but it turned out to be the worse decision of my life. Details are on my channel which used to be named That African Audi DIYer that I renamed That African Guy because I no more want to be associated with the brand.

I sold my C5 A6 two weeks ago for about $500 and I sold my C6 A6 last weekend for about $600. I will get rid of the C7 soon. I really am done with the brand!

Audi have gone so low! They really are trash now. Not just the crappy new engines that are designed to die by 60,000 miles. The driving experience is robot-like. Zero connection, no steering feel, bad handling, crappy quattro, crappy sound system, flimsy materials, uncomfortable seats, excessive technology that disrupt the driving experience and there's more. The C7 is a terrible downgrade from the C6 and it's a shame that people who moved to the C7 from the C6 did not share this information. The C6 is really a gem. It's the best car I have owned by far.

I am out and I am not spending a penny to buy any Audi product because I don't want to keep funding them. I believe this is intentional by Audi and their parent company the Volkswagen Group AG. They really are screwing their customers big time. Don't get me wrong, I did not buy an abused car. I purchased it because I have proof it was very well maintained and I have confirmation that all cars from that generation having the same 3.0 TFSI CREC engine are and will undergo the same fate no matter what you do: A6, A7, Q7, S4, S5, SQ5. This is not to mention issues with the 2.0 TFSI engines that are widely known for years but are intentionally not fixed and then the 4.0 TFSI known issues that were not fixed either. All these engines have flaws Audi and the VW group knew about but rolled them out anyways for the sake of profit.

I am moving out and on and I am not turning back. I thought I would be sad but strangely I feel relieved. I will be buying a brand new car from another brand soon. The news will be on my channel for those who are interested. Take care...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinZh4RfZUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNLlJlYxwA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDc-pXukguU

The following 2 users liked this post by JBenDavid782:
kelisko (08-04-2023), SchwarzeSchatten0511 (Today)
Old 08-03-2023, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by JBenDavid782
I COMPLEYELY agree with you. Why hasn't there been a lawsuit? I did speak to a lawyer and they said due to the extended warranty being out of date by the time the oil consumption became a major issue there was nothing they could do...but this is insane. We had 100s of pages of proof and discrepencies in their reports. I reported this issue prior to 75K but audi did not document it on the reports. This was my FIRST new car. I did my research. The Q7 3.0T was not prone to the engine/oil consumption issue and was rated #1 suvs in 2017. I bought it for my family hoping it'd last long, be safe, and have a decent trade in. 6 years later engine consumption issues, back and forth with the dealer for 30K+ miles. Finally got PCV replaced by an honest foreign mechanic outside of Audi but the damage was done. The repaid doesnt have seemed to help. The engine is shot. Had audi just suggested replacing the pcv back then instead of trying to get 40K for a new engine I would still have my car. They wanted to rebuild for 10K but said that the rebuild might not work "if" the walls were warped (clearly were on the photo) so they ordered an engine in case- and wanted to charge me for the rebuild first and then the new engine if it did not work out. 40K. Now I have a 2017 audi q7 that I paid for in cash with all the beautiful features with only 106000 miles on it consuming oil every 400 miles worth crap. Thanks Hoffman audi and corporate audi for putting my family of 4 though this crap so you could make an extra buck on a repair when you really know the parts that could have been fixed for 3K to fix this 30K miles ago. There is DEFINETLY something sketchy going on here.
its pureely on purpose, this issue has been around ever since they came out with 3.0 supercharged engines. Its been freaking 15 years. 15 god damn years there are SAME issues.

I was looking into a Q7, but now Im thinking I will get the old Q7 with and old 3.6 V6 and at least know its reliable.

The following 2 users liked this post by G-Can:
JBenDavid782 (08-03-2023), kelisko (08-04-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 12:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by JBenDavid782
I really am feeling the pain and disappointment you are experiencing right now and I am so sorry! This is real fraud from the manufacturer to the dealerships. They are hiding this information from current owners and potential second-hand buyers which is a crime. I really hope there will be a lawsuit and that they will pay big.
dmdiggitydog (02-27-2024)
Old 08-04-2023, 12:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
its pureely on purpose, this issue has been around ever since they came out with 3.0 supercharged engines. Its been freaking 15 years. 15 god damn years there are SAME issues.

I was looking into a Q7, but now Im thinking I will get the old Q7 with and old 3.6 V6 and at least know its reliable.
Exactly! 15 freaking years of crappy engines sold thanks to fancy lighting and unrealistic advertising. I've been dreaming for more than a decade about owning one of these supposedly incredible cars and when I got one, the reality was more than bitter. What a scheme!

You were looking into a Q7? Don't make that huge mistake!!! The 2015 - 2019 Q7 has the same 3.0T CREC crap and the engines are failing even sooner in it. Check out this recap: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...024173/page42/

If you want a reliable vehicle I suggest you go Japanese. The older naturally aspirated V6's are great but with age require expensive maintenance that will ruin you.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
Exactly! 15 freaking years of crappy engines sold thanks to fancy lighting and unrealistic advertising. I've been dreaming for more than a decade about owning one of these supposedly incredible cars and when I got one, the reality was more than bitter. What a scheme!

You were looking into a Q7? Don't make that huge mistake!!! The 2015 - 2019 Q7 has the same 3.0T CREC crap and the engines are failing even sooner in it. Check out this recap: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...024173/page42/

If you want a reliable vehicle I suggest you go Japanese. The older naturally aspirated V6's are great but with age require expensive maintenance that will ruin you.
If I do go Q7 route, I will have to go with 3.6 which is a reliable engine, I have a VW Atlas with that engine and its not bad at all, just bad on gas.
I actually dont like the look of 2015-2019 Q7.

I need a car with min 6 seats, and the choice is extremely limited.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand