A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Cantelonielisko
Trolls will recognize themselves.
You have come this far so I guess you have to keep going with the multiple account spoof. Pretty sad indeed.

Old 03-03-2024, 06:59 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
Trolls will recognize themselves. 260K with no suspension issue, total BS.
260,000 kilometers is only 161,500 miles. I have never had a suspension on a C series car need any suspension work by 161,500 miles and I live in a state with absolutely horrible roads. I have a literal pile of C5 and C6 cars with 160k or greater miles all on original suspension, and all of the balljoints and bushings are still tight enough for no alignment/tire wear issues. Sure, some of the bushings show cracking due to age; There are torn boots on balljoints here and there, but I have had several C5 cars that have went over 200k miles on the original suspension.
If you actually knew anything about audis you'd know that this is why the "upper pinch bolt" issue is such an issue on the cars - Because the suspensions stay together with no work for 15+ years and that pinch bolt just sits there and slowly corrodes. The pinch bolt issue is caused by how dang reliable these suspensions are. Anyway the pinch bolt issue isn't really an issue with the extraction tool.

All you do is make broad, wild claims against audis but the enthusiasm in the community for these cars is more than enough to prove you wrong. I live in a rural area with lots of very rough dirt roads and slow/poor county services for clearing those roads in the winter after storms. For this reason, there are people all around me with 15+ year old EU brand cars (which most are serviced by the owners) because they realized a long time ago that those EU brands were much more durable than the USA/JP equivalent. Try driving a Honda Accord vs. a C5 A6 of the same year on washboard dirt roads every day. The Honda, while getting better fuel economy, needs balljoints, tie rod ends and other misc suspension work every 60k miles. The C5 literally doesn't care about the bumps. Both cars will experience early strut failure, the C5 at some point beyond 150k miles, the Honda likely by 80-100k miles. Guess which car gets around better in the snow? I have seen this over and over and over. I've seen many newer chevrolet and ford sedans out here that have had significant suspension work (due to wear) before the factory warranty ran out!

Just to get one thing straight, you are the angry ranting MeTuber, and I've been ASE Master certified since y2k. Not that certifications strongly correlate with repair capability, but I've been repairing cars for that long, and with great success. My goal is zero comebacks. I repair cars because I enjoy it, it relaxes me (except on ChryslerFiats). I rebuilt my first automatic transmission in 1999. When did you rebuild your first automatic? Thought so. You can link to as many MeTube videos as you want but the people on this forum who actually work on cars because they want to or have to (and not for MeTube clicks) are the ones with their boots actually on the ground. You're irrelevant and your insecurities are screaming through your nonsensical posts. Go find a therapist.
The following users liked this post:
AudiAllTheWay (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Kelisko et al - you don’t even know what the issue is with this AW Members 2017 Q7 CREC engine. Why are you yet again abusing your Famous Audi DIYer status to tell this person to get rid of their Audi asap? You would never say things like this before you bought a broken CREC 🤷‍♂️

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-.../#post25890004

Old 03-03-2024, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
260,000 kilometers is only 161,500 miles. I have never had a suspension on a C series car need any suspension work by 161,500 miles and I live in a state with absolutely horrible roads. I have a literal pile of C5 and C6 cars with 160k or greater miles all on original suspension, and all of the balljoints and bushings are still tight enough for no alignment/tire wear issues. Sure, some of the bushings show cracking due to age; There are torn boots on balljoints here and there, but I have had several C5 cars that have went over 200k miles on the original suspension.
If you actually knew anything about audis you'd know that this is why the "upper pinch bolt" issue is such an issue on the cars - Because the suspensions stay together with no work for 15+ years and that pinch bolt just sits there and slowly corrodes. The pinch bolt issue is caused by how dang reliable these suspensions are. Anyway the pinch bolt issue isn't really an issue with the extraction tool.

All you do is make broad, wild claims against audis but the enthusiasm in the community for these cars is more than enough to prove you wrong. I live in a rural area with lots of very rough dirt roads and slow/poor county services for clearing those roads in the winter after storms. For this reason, there are people all around me with 15+ year old EU brand cars (which most are serviced by the owners) because they realized a long time ago that those EU brands were much more durable than the USA/JP equivalent. Try driving a Honda Accord vs. a C5 A6 of the same year on washboard dirt roads every day. The Honda, while getting better fuel economy, needs balljoints, tie rod ends and other misc suspension work every 60k miles. The C5 literally doesn't care about the bumps. Both cars will experience early strut failure, the C5 at some point beyond 150k miles, the Honda likely by 80-100k miles. Guess which car gets around better in the snow? I have seen this over and over and over. I've seen many newer chevrolet and ford sedans out here that have had significant suspension work (due to wear) before the factory warranty ran out!

Just to get one thing straight, you are the angry ranting MeTuber, and I've been ASE Master certified since y2k. Not that certifications strongly correlate with repair capability, but I've been repairing cars for that long, and with great success. My goal is zero comebacks. I repair cars because I enjoy it, it relaxes me (except on ChryslerFiats). I rebuilt my first automatic transmission in 1999. When did you rebuild your first automatic? Thought so. You can link to as many MeTube videos as you want but the people on this forum who actually work on cars because they want to or have to (and not for MeTube clicks) are the ones with their boots actually on the ground. You're irrelevant and your insecurities are screaming through your nonsensical posts. Go find a therapist.
you really want me to believe this? you are straight up lying. This topic became a joke of fanboys trying to praise AUdi for, of all things, reliability, If it wasnt funny, it would be sad.
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by G-Canaryatthebottomofthecoalmine
This topic became a joke of fanboys trying to praise AUdi for, of all things, reliability, If it wasnt funny, it would be sad.
Avantly - You are officially welcomed to the Fanboy Club 👍

Old 03-03-2024, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
you really want me to believe this? you are straight up lying. This topic became a joke of fanboys trying to praise Audi for, of all things, reliability, If it wasn't funny, it would be sad.
Exactly my thoughts. The good news is, based on the number of views this thread gets, the non-fanboy members and visitors looking for information are reading this and learning from it. What they don't realize is every st*pid troll comment they post here brings this thread right on top of the list and draws people's attention. The more this information gets to people out there, the more satisfied I am as an experienced used Audi owner advising them to stay away if they don't have another reliable car to rely on and deep pockets.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

you really want me to believe this? you are straight up lying.
How can you say he is lying, you've never met him.

But at least your little suck hole friend is giving you likes, so there's that I guess.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by G-Caneliskoroni
Exactly my thoughts.
Of course you two always have exactly the same thoughts 😂

Old 03-03-2024, 10:42 AM
Banned

you really want me to believe this? you are straight up lying. This topic became a joke of fanboys trying to praise AUdi for, of all things, reliability, If it wasnt funny, it would be sad.
Why do you keep switching accounts with your blind anti-VAG drivel? Just use one account dude.
Old 03-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sallad
How can you say he is lying, you've never met him.

But at least your little suck hole friend is giving you likes, so there's that I guess.
I'll feed the troll a little more... 4 times recertified for A1-A8 (+A9 since it was released) and about to recertify for the 2nd time on L1-L4 for a total of 15 years on the advanced level. I take automotive service seriously!!!

Kelisko-Can_Hearts_Audi

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand