A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
easy, same as those two trudeaulikers that are calling me a shill and whatnot.

250k on stock suspension is NOT POSSIBLE, unless you are fine with clunking and loose suspension. Especially on bad roads, Im literally laughing hearing that fairy tale. Nobody will believe that sxit, not even avantly that audis stock suspension at 250k is good. Not just Audis, ANY CAR OR BRAND is shot at that mileage.
250k miles, or kilometers? 250k kilometers is EASILY possible. For pete's sake dude, 250k kilometers is only 155k miles. I have never seen a C5 nor C6 car that even needed suspension components replaced by that mileage unless it was in an accident. I suspect that C7 might be slightly less durable but my C7 is tight as new at 105k miles and the only issue with the suspension is offset due to a severe pothole impact in my crappy state. I have a C5 A6 S-line with over 200k miles on the original suspension (with receipts to prove it) that is still so tight that if there is any looseness, it is imperceptible on the alignment rack. More than half my C5 and C6 cars are over 150k miles on original suspensions with no tire wear issues and the roads in my state are some of the worst in the USA. You're full of crap. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You had a bad experience with audis, you weren't capable of solving the problems, now you hate them but in reality, you're not angry with the brand, you're angry with yourself. Deal with it. Get a better hobby than trolling people on an Audi forum.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Avantly
250k miles, or kilometers? 250k kilometers is EASILY possible. For pete's sake dude, 250k kilometers is only 155k miles. I have never seen a C5 nor C6 car that even needed suspension components replaced by that mileage unless it was in an accident. I suspect that C7 might be slightly less durable but my C7 is tight as new at 105k miles and the only issue with the suspension is offset due to a severe pothole impact in my crappy state. I have a C5 A6 S-line with over 200k miles on the original suspension (with receipts to prove it) that is still so tight that if there is any looseness, it is imperceptible on the alignment rack. More than half my C5 and C6 cars are over 150k miles on original suspensions with no tire wear issues and the roads in my state are some of the worst in the USA. You're full of crap. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You had a bad experience with audis, you weren't capable of solving the problems, now you hate them but in reality, you're not angry with the brand, you're angry with yourself. Deal with it. Get a better hobby than trolling people on an Audi forum.
please stop making sxit up. Does it drive at 250k km. sure. wheels are on. Does it clunk over potholes, curbs, turning in parking lots, it sure does. EVERY SINGLE ONE with that mileage. You just dont care about or have hearing loss.
Or, guess what, someone replaced a ton of components before it came to your possesion.
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (03-05-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sallad
What kind of cars have you owned in the past?
I wanna say that I probably drove more then 150 cars, mine, families, friends, company.

I am yet to sit in one that has over 150k miles that I havent heard some sort of noise from front end within 1km of driving.
Old 03-03-2024, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by G-Can
I wanna say that I probably drove more then 150 cars, mine, families, friends, company.

I am yet to sit in one that has over 150k miles that I havent heard some sort of noise from front end within 1km of driving.
Look at you! Posting half an hour before 8AM west africa time! Got up early today, eh?
Old 03-03-2024, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Avantly
Look at you! Posting half an hour before 8AM west africa time! Got up early today, eh?
you are not entertaining anyone. Go take your Audi for a spin if you find one that actually run from all pile of crap you have laying around.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by trabolgan
This is a cracking thread and very interesting I must say...

Anyways it's interesting reading this thread and the faults that the VAG group hasn't got to grips with yet and it's all true, keeping an Audi is not cheap and painful when things go wrong and too many times things do go wrong...

So recently I have been thinking do I go for a new car, well a used car like 2-3 years old e.g. Audi approved or do I consider another brand like Kelisko did and steer away from VAG which I have been loyal to for 13 years. I need 260+ BHP like the Skoda and in 4WD would be awesome, I did look at the Avant some weeks ago...... I also looked at Evo 10's a little while back but the servicing is crazy... Any way question is.... if you had 30k what would you buy??
@trabolgan 2-3 years old, 260 BHP, $30K? If you own a Skoda, I would assume you live in Europe. With the brands available to you in the European market, I would look outside of the VW umbrella (Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, SEAT), wouldn't buy anything German either and I would go for a Japanese if reliability is important to you. For a little less power I would suggest the 2022 Lexus UX Hybrid (25K EUR), the 2022 Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid (30K EUR). Based on my experience and for half the power, I would also suggest the 2022 Suzuki Vitara Hybrid (25K EUR). It's a fun car! Of the three, the Lexus UX is the more appealing to me however.
Old 03-04-2024, 05:38 AM
Banned

G-Kelisko, if you want to give advice about JP market cars then you should go learn to work on them first. Maybe make a few MeTube videos before you inevitably "Selling my Japan cars for cheap and leaving the brand"?
Old 03-04-2024, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry yes I live in the UK - my Mk2 VRS Skoda 2.0 Petrol has had a 1st stage remap currently running at 294BHP 0-60 in 4.7 but only front wheel drive and snakes a fair bit so both hands on the wheel. She has been a fun car and she still looks and drives lovely. However I know my A3 is a 2005 BKD quattro 8P but it has been well looked after mechanically, the seats and trim inside is so nice and comfortable. I just gave her 4 new glow plugs and an oil change and its like driving a new car and she steers beautifully. Often I have read people wish they kept there old 8P over what they own now (generally a newer Audi)

I think I am now leaning towards a newer diesel - needs to be 4wd - be able to diagnose at home like I do with VCDS - I need speed and fun - fairly economical, like 35mpg on motorways - £30 - £35k to spend -

Like I mentioned before I did book a viewing for a Audi Approved Avant S 3 years old 23k miles @ £32k but they sold it over night the day before I was viewing, slightly cheesed me off TBF

Old 03-04-2024, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by trabolgan
Like I mentioned before I did book a viewing for a Audi Approved Avant S 3 years old 23k miles @ £32k but they sold it over night the day before I was viewing, slightly cheesed me off TBF
You don’t have time to wait around if you want to buy an industry leading Audi.

They sell fast because so many people want them so ya gotta move faster next time if you really want one 👍
Old 03-04-2024, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Kelisko - I have a question

How many old and new shill accounts do you need to vainly attempt maintaining some form of credibility?

You know, once good credibility is lost because of a bad purchasing decision that led to blaming the brand and those who support it instead of resolving various ego issues with the person in your bathroom mirror.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand