A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

If I may say something, I’m still on factory coil packs from 2007! Pics on request..

Also, I would like to state something as well:

Audi A6/A8 is not a car, it’s a f ship!
Hence, you’re not a driver, you’re a f Captain!
Old 04-25-2024, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by 24V6BDW
If I may say something, I’m still on factory coil packs from 2007! Pics on request..

Also, I would like to state something as well:

Audi A6/A8 is not a car, it’s a f ship!
Hence, you’re not a driver, you’re a f Captain!
Agree. My friends used to call my C6 "Navire de guerre!" which means "War ship!"
Old 04-25-2024, 08:31 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by kelisko
You are wrong on all levels. Audi fanboys came to attack me and I did not let them. I never triggered anybody as the thread starter. The purpose of this thread is to expose what Audi have become since the C6. I compared my C6 to my C7. C6 owners are likely to become C7 owners so this thread is of great importance for C6 owners. I went from C5 to C6 to C7 myself. What a moderator should do is warn or ban those who come to start a fight because they are biased. I am not here for that.
Deny it all you want, but there's no way you didn't make this thread with the intent of getting people (you call Audi fanboys) to respond and defend Audi. No one here is buying that. Your comments were made with the sole purpose of triggering people, starting with your first post. If you can't see that I'm sorry.
Old 04-25-2024, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mikeru
Your comments were made with the sole purpose of triggering people, starting with your first post. If you can't see that I'm sorry.
Here is my first post. Sorry I can't see what you see.

"After 16 years of Audi ownership, I am leaving the brand.

The main reason why I am leaving is that my recently purchased C7 A7 is a piece of crap that has drained me completely financially. The C6 is a great car that I have abused a lot and that needs a lot of fixing here and there. I was hoping that my new C7 A7 would allow me to take the time to fix my C6 A6 but it turned out to be the worse decision of my life. Details are on my channel which used to be named That African Audi DIYer that I renamed That African Guy because I no more want to be associated with the brand.

I sold my C5 A6 two weeks ago for about $500 and I sold my C6 A6 last weekend for about $600. I will get rid of the C7 soon. I really am done with the brand!

Audi have gone so low! They really are trash now. Not just the crappy new engines that are designed to die by 60,000 miles. The driving experience is robot-like. Zero connection, no steering feel, bad handling, crappy quattro, crappy sound system, flimsy materials, uncomfortable seats, excessive technology that disrupt the driving experience and there's more. The C7 is a terrible downgrade from the C6 and it's a shame that people who moved to the C7 from the C6 did not share this information. The C6 is really a gem. It's the best car I have owned by far.

I am out and I am not spending a penny to buy any Audi product because I don't want to keep funding them. I believe this is intentional by Audi and their parent company the Volkswagen Group AG. They really are screwing their customers big time. Don't get me wrong, I did not buy an abused car. I purchased it because I have proof it was very well maintained and I have confirmation that all cars from that generation having the same 3.0 TFSI CREC engine are and will undergo the same fate no matter what you do: A6, A7, Q7, S4, S5, SQ5. This is not to mention issues with the 2.0 TFSI engines that are widely known for years but are intentionally not fixed and then the 4.0 TFSI known issues that were not fixed either. All these engines have flaws Audi and the VW group knew about but rolled them out anyways for the sake of profit.

I am moving out and on and I am not turning back. I thought I would be sad but strangely I feel relieved. I will be buying a brand new car from another brand soon. The news will be on my channel for those who are interested. Take care..."
Old 04-25-2024, 09:17 AM
Club AutoUnion

Here is my first post. Sorry I can't see what you see.

Audi have gone so low! They really are trash now. Not just the crappy new engines that are designed to die by 60,000 miles. The driving experience is robot-like. Zero connection, no steering feel, bad handling, crappy quattro, crappy sound system, flimsy materials, uncomfortable seats, excessive technology that disrupt the driving experience and there's more. The C7 is a terrible downgrade from the C6 and it's a shame that people who moved to the C7 from the C6 did not share this information. The C6 is really a gem. It's the best car I have owned by far.
Since you asked so nicely, and this thread doesn't seem to have a real point, the majority of the post was fine. You expressed your point in a mostly rational way. But the paragraph above seemed to be just begging for people to respond in defense of Audi. Some may disagree with you on those points, but the way you stated them came off as inflammatory. And nou seem surprised that some members have become abusive. And I'm not taking sides in this. But IMO you kind of brought it on yourself with this thread.
Old 04-25-2024, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Since you asked so nicely, and this thread doesn't seem to have a real point, the majority of the post was fine. You expressed your point in a mostly rational way. But the paragraph above seemed to be just begging for people to respond in defense of Audi. Some may disagree with you on those points, but the way you stated them came off as inflammatory. And nou seem surprised that some members have become abusive. And I'm not taking sides in this. But IMO you kind of brought it on yourself with this thread.
issue started when two members started trolling and accusing long term members being shills, cheaters, liears, and whatnot, calling names, etc.

one member has since been banned, and the other is keeping quiet because he cant prove anything he was saying.

nothing more, nothing less. Those two members were trying to convince AUdi owners how they are wrong and Audi cars are great (which they are when new) but they are generally speaking money pits for maintenance (asw well as BMWs dont get me wrong, or any other "luxury overengineered overpriced brand) and thats a FACT
The following users liked this post:
kelisko (04-26-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
Is Keliskos data wrong? Whats wrong with his chart, so we know to delete it if its fake.
I never said it was fake, it's just we don't care.

We know they require work and maintenance, they're not brand new cars. A lot of us are probably over 200,000 kms on these old girls. Mine is at 261,000KMs I've replace a few things over the years, but that's to be expected for an older luxury car.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

My post is praising the C6 in the C6 forum and warning C6 owners that the C7 is not better and is a downgrade. I would understand people to get mad if I posted this in the C7 forum and I would expect people in the C6 forum to be grateful for being warned. However I understand each person can view things differently. I respect your opinion mostly because you expressed it nicely as opposed to the ones jumping in with street fighter socks.
The following users liked this post:
mikeru (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 06:38 AM
Club AutoUnion

My post is praising the C6 in the C6 forum and warning C6 owners that the C7 is not better and is a downgrade. I would understand people to get mad if I posted this in the C7 forum and I would expect people in the C6 forum to be grateful for being warned. However I understand each person can view things differently. I respect your opinion mostly because you expressed it nicely as opposed to the ones jumping in with street fighter socks.
That's a big problem with forums, it's too easy to talk to other people in ways they never would if they were face to face.

Most people don't just stick to the forums for the cars they own. Plenty of folks check the new posts for all the platforms. My presence here attests to that since I've only ever owned B8's and B9's. Although I've been considering moving up once my lease is up on the A4 Allroad. I appreciate your insights into the C platform. I still have a couple years to decide so I'll just keep an eye on things between now and then. One thing I do know is I won't be buying out the lease. I've had enough experience with older luxury brands in the past to know how expensive they can get in their old age. Who knows, I might like something from Acura or Lexus by then.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

That's a big problem with forums, it's too easy to talk to other people in ways they never would if they were face to face.

Most people don't just stick to the forums for the cars they own. Plenty of folks check the new posts for all the platforms. My presence here attests to that since I've only ever owned B8's and B9's. Although I've been considering moving up once my lease is up on the A4 Allroad. I appreciate your insights into the C platform. I still have a couple years to decide so I'll just keep an eye on things between now and then. One thing I do know is I won't be buying out the lease. I've had enough experience with older luxury brands in the past to know how expensive they can get in their old age. Who knows, I might like something from Acura or Lexus by then.
I wouldnt say its a problem with forums, its a problem with humans in general, especially latelly where everybody feels like thay are personally called out if someone comments something that is not in line with their opinion.

And I never understood defending so vigorously ANY product, unless you are a sales guy and make commission on it. Hence the term fanboys. Not just in cars. Damn, people act like they are teenage girls at justin biebers concert.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand