A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2023, 10:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Sallad
Well, considering you don't do any of the work on your own car, you have no idea what to look for.

I have done many, many suspension work throughout my time working on cars (I'm 50 now) So I know what to look for and how to tell if something isn't right.
look for what? God damn clunking every couple months, I had full 5 months of silence until now its banging again, seems that balljoint went. And I dont buy cheap parts, either OEM or Meyle/Lemforder/Sachs

I am convinced these cars are fundamentally designed wrong, geometry of suspension is I AM CONVINCED putting forrces in wrong places and making them fail faster.
And Ive read about this elsewhere as well.
Old 12-15-2023, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by G-Can
seems that balljoint went. And I dont buy cheap parts, either OEM or Meyle/Lemforder/Sachs
Something is not right. Maybe aluminum corroded upright needs replaced? Post pics
Old 12-16-2023, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

God damn clunking every couple months, I had full 5 months of silence until now its banging again, seems that balljoint went.
Sounds like your shop didn't do the job correctly. No suspension component should only last 5 months, even a cheap ebay parts should last for years.
Old 12-16-2023, 08:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sallad
Sounds like your shop didn't do the job correctly. No suspension component should only last 5 months, even a cheap ebay parts should last for years.
maybe it was a year. of silence. not even 10k km. should check If I feel like it. I lost interest.

shop is fine. car is not. Its for sale. nobody budging.
Old 12-17-2023, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

maybe it was a year. of silence. not even 10k km. should check If I feel like it. I lost interest.

shop is fine. car is not. Its for sale. nobody budging.
One assembly issue that quickly tears up new control arm bushings is tightening the hardware with the bushing clocked in the unloaded suspension position, or any position other than the loaded suspension correct position.

Recommend to discuss the ongoing matter with your shop. The shop has the ability to diagnose failed parts and explain repair options. Clunking suspensions with undiagnosed failing parts are a safety issue which should be considered reason to stop driving the car until properly diagnosed / repaired.

Clunking and worn suspension parts are an automatic fail of vehicle Safety Inspection in Canada.

Regarding your sale, what is the year and mileage? Do you have valid Safety Inspection documentation? How much are you asking? I may know some Toronto area folks who would be interested if you can provide more details of your sale.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

@kelisko Bored with that boring Japanese reliability? Is that why you're still here...or did you just miss us?

It's okay, we still love you. Stay as long as you want!
The following users liked this post:
AudiAllTheWay (12-20-2023)
Old 12-31-2023, 05:51 AM
Banned

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

+1 to AudiAllTheWay's post regarding the proper method to torque bolts for suspension bushings. I cringe when I see a shop tighten them down in the unloaded position... I cringe once again when they lower the vehicle and tear up the new bushings...
Old 02-05-2024, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by urs6_ma
@kelisko Bored with that boring Japanese reliability? Is that why you're still here...or did you just miss us?

It's okay, we still love you. Stay as long as you want!
As a matter of fact, I was busy enjoying my reliable Japanese vehicle. I went on a 5,000+ Km trip and came back fresh. Your other friend in the Q7 forum who swore by his great Audi's reliability and who contradicted anybody else complaining about their excessive oil consumption or other issues ended up ditching his Audi and buying a Japanese car as well, did you notice? You could be next you know? You never know

Old 02-05-2024, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Someone changing brands is not exactly unheard of 🤷‍♂️

Report back with your maintenance list after your Suzuki reaches 250,000KM like your $30K US used A7 Project Car so we can make an honest and fair comparison 👍
Old 02-05-2024, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiAllTheWay
Someone changing brands is not exactly unheard of 🤷‍♂️

Report back with your maintenance list after your Suzuki reaches 250,000KM like your $30K US used A7 Project Car so we can make an honest and fair comparison 👍
oh man do not go there, you will dig yourself even deeper. Now you want to say that german cars are great for high mileage haha you can buy another suzuki for maintenance bills for the same period of kms.

Do you want me to list maintenance that I had to do on my 250000km Audi? You really wanna go there? Really?

Last edited by G-Can; 02-05-2024 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand