A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2024, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 175 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiAllTheWay
Pull your head out of your a$$… all the manufacturers are doing it.
Well, I'll provide you with one clear example on how VAG vehicles were designed that results in a expensive repair cost. On the 3.2L V6, VAG engineers designed a two-piece head (cam girdle with the main head) that has a elastomer seal between the spark plug wells. That cheap $5 seal will eventual leak oil that requires removal of the camshafts, upper timing chains, tensioners, guides, etc. to R&R. The cost and time to do this "maintenance" is extreme by any measure. In all of the ICEs that I have worked on or viewed over last 40 years, I have NEVER seen such a poor head design. Now compare that engine to my 1998 Dodge Ram 3.9L V6 that now has over 260K miles on the original engine block, valves, and heads. The Dodge still runs strong w/o any oil burning or major engine issues, and still has the original timing chain/guide for the camshaft. So, how can an engine in a $20K truck keep going w/o any major engine repairs while an engine in $60K Audi requires excessive maintenance at lower mileages? I have owned and driven VAG (VWs and Audis) cars since 1976 as well as British, Japanese, and American cars. With that background as well as being a mechanical engineer, and performing DIY maintenance/repairs, I can conclude which car manufacturers make better and more reliable vehicles. And yes, all dealers make most of the $$s on service and not sales.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 149 Likes on 129 Posts

You guys are comparing apples to oranges. Want to talk British then go fix a few newer Landrovers and Jaguars and see how that goes.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by G-Can
nope, no corrosion issues, simply garbage quality.
Total BS. Do you actually own an Audi and even live in Toronto? There is no way any 20 year old car in Toronto has no corrosion issues by 250,000KM or 300,000KM or whatever your real mileage is. Toronto has some of the highest road salt usage during winter conditions on the planet.
Old 02-06-2024, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 166 Likes on 147 Posts

I can give you a list till it got to 250, and then to 300.

So yeah, convince someone else of quality of these cars, not me.
The majority of the items on your "list" are regular maintenance items. But the fact you have so many issues points to user error. What the hell do you do to your car that you need new rotors every 30k??

I think your mechanic is making good money off you haha
Old 02-06-2024, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

G-Can is not even real. Likely a Kelisko shill account since they orbit each other like Uranus and one of it’s moons 😉
Old 02-06-2024, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Sallad
The majority of the items on your "list" are regular maintenance items. But the fact you have so many issues points to user error. What the hell do you do to your car that you need new rotors every 30k??

I think your mechanic is making good money off you haha
ahhm, drive it?

again, it just proves that people never understand others, if they dont have same experience. The world is fxkd because of this kind of thinking.

Old 02-06-2024, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

Total BS. Do you actually own an Audi and even live in Toronto? There is no way any 20 year old car in Toronto has no corrosion issues by 250,000KM or 300,000KM or whatever your real mileage is. Toronto has some of the highest road salt usage during winter conditions on the planet.
under corrosion you meant body panels? oh of course, I completely forgot to add that to the list. That was a nice few grand to fix as well.

Just wonder whats corossion got to do with pretty much any of the items of my list.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I allways say, there is a reason these cost on a used market as a good new TV.
Talking in endless circles.

I offered to sell your car and no response. PM me and I will buy it, fix it better than any of the hacks that you paid to work on it and sell it for a profit.

Or donate it to a good cause and end your endless fictitious nightmare.

Or just get it over with already and ride around with Kelisko in his new Suzuki 👍

Old 02-06-2024, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 402 Likes on 333 Posts

You guys are comparing apples to oranges. Want to talk British then go fix a few newer Landrovers and Jaguars and see how that goes.
Lexus is in the same league as Audi as a luxury brand but it is the most reliable car brand out there. Lexus and Toyota have been sharing the number one spot for several years now. There, is an apple to apple comparison for you.
Old 02-06-2024, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by kelisko
Lexus is in the same league as Audi as a luxury brand but it is the most reliable car brand out there. Lexus and Toyota have been sharing the number one spot for several years now. There, is an apple to apple comparison for you.
HAHAHA then why did you buy a Suzuki 🤪

Quick Reply: Selling my Audis for cheap and leaving the brand