A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Something just dropped into my lap....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

i have etka and elsawin installed...what model(s) you need info about..can take look what i find
/H
Old 07-20-2010, 05:25 PM
RDD
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted in a thread about this 2 years ago. I actually had an EXTRA spring in my sunroof assembly. Not uncommon. The dealership took everything apart and realized this.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What the hell? So that's what those things are? I randomly found one in the door, and then weeks later I hear a buzzing in the sunroof, reach in there and pull that out. I thought someone played a prank on me and stuffed in there...turns out that's the second one to fall.

Looked like such a cheap a** part I threw it out. Had no idea it was part of the car. Crap! What impact on the sunroof's functionality does this have?
Old 08-17-2010, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
What the hell? So that's what those things are? I randomly found one in the door, and then weeks later I hear a buzzing in the sunroof, reach in there and pull that out. I thought someone played a prank on me and stuffed in there...turns out that's the second one to fall.

Looked like such a cheap a** part I threw it out. Had no idea it was part of the car. Crap! What impact on the sunroof's functionality does this have?
I have had no adverse effects whatsoever so ever in sunroof operation. The only thing i notice is the sunshade going up with the sunroof when you "tilt" up the sunroof.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

these pics where taken today... i have a 2005 A6(C6) 4.2

As u can see i only have 2 of the 4 springs left..the ones on driver side fell off bc of clips breaking

this is with the sunroof tilted open.. looking in from the rear of roof twds the hood.

Passenger side rear (not broken)

Passenger side front (not broken)

Driver Side Rear (Broken)

Driver Side Front (Broken)
Old 01-05-2011, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The shade is going to be a bit heavier to open and close but otherwise, these springs don't do any damages. Also, unless you guys are replacing the shade itself, there is no way to put these springs back.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One word of advice, if you still have springs rattling inside your sunroof, remove them. When these things fell off in my 2006, I couldn't get one of the springs out. I left it alone because everything seemed to work fine. Then one day, while opening the sunroof, I heard a loud crack and everything got jammed up. It took the dealer a week to figure out all the parts it needed to get it fixed. Fortunately I was still under the warranty at the time.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Someone should have replacement spring mounts made from billet aluminum so we only have to replace these once!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi should have made them from billet aluminum so we never have to replace them!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NR04
One word of advice, if you still have springs rattling inside your sunroof, remove them. When these things fell off in my 2006, I couldn't get one of the springs out. I left it alone because everything seemed to work fine. Then one day, while opening the sunroof, I heard a loud crack and everything got jammed up. It took the dealer a week to figure out all the parts it needed to get it fixed. Fortunately I was still under the warranty at the time.
Any suggestions on how to remove without taking the glass or headliner off? Thanks. Jeff

Quick Reply: Something just dropped into my lap....