A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Sprint Booster on S6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprint Booster on S6?

Anyone installed one if these on an S6? Interested in your experiences....

L
Old 10-22-2010, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1.

but.....sprint booster + sport mode may be too sensitive
Old 10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chuckee98
+1.

but.....sprint booster + sport mode may be too sensitive
Agreed, but interested to know if it eliminates or exacerbates the problems in the transmission....I'm desperate to resolve the very dramatic shift lag. I had a pro race driver friend tell me that driving in my car was "wholly uncomfortable" in light of the shift lag and surge.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not this again...

Please read:
http://peony888.com/VS/SprintBooster.pdf
Old 10-22-2010, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasTT
Not this again...

Please read:

Thanks! Very helpful....still don't know if it's worth it and certainly unknown if it will make things worse. Lol

L
Old 10-22-2010, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 912 Likes on 746 Posts

Not this again...

Please read:
Thanks for the info.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not this again...

Please read:
Clearly a waste of money. Pressing the accelerator pedal a bit further produces an identical result. I'll save my money for real enhancements.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its not. On the S6 it will probably do something horrible in the Sport mode that will incrase a chance of an accident in tight spaces.

Just imagine flooring it in S mode while parking or manuvering through a parking lot full of people.

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Thanks! Very helpful....still don't know if it's worth it and certainly unknown if it will make things worse. Lol

L
Old 10-23-2010, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlueCat_A6_allroad
Clearly a waste of money. Pressing the accelerator pedal a bit further produces an identical result. I'll save my money for real enhancements.
LOL! Go over to Planet-9 and you'll see almost universal positive feedback for the current model (2 mode) Sprint Booster for the 987 cars (Boxster/Cayman).

For a heel-toe on the accelerator driver, it makes a world of difference in the responsiveness of the throttle. It really gives the Porsche a different personality.

Does it add power? No. They make no claims to this.

Can similar results be achieved by mashing the accelerator pedal? Possibly. But

Is it snake oil? I don't think so.

Is it worth the $300? That's purely subjective. The least I could spend on an ECU flash is a grand, and to get 10 WHP and torque. Power I would likely not feel very much. $300 was an inexpensive way to make my 987 more fun.

I have an 01 B5 A4 1.8T w/APR Stage 1 and am going to try out a Sprint Booster in it too. 30 day money back, not much risk IMO.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Its not. On the S6 it will probably do something horrible in the Sport mode that will incrase a chance of an accident in tight spaces.

Just imagine flooring it in S mode while parking or manuvering through a parking lot full of people.
I'm thinking the same thing... and also wondering if it's another way that the dealer can try and get out of warranty work. I complained about a front end/suspension snap about 60 days ago, just after I purchased the car. After the dealer made an attempt to fix it, I put spacers on the car. Three days after the spacers were on the car, I brought it back for the same snap which had already gotten worse (before the spacers, and I notified the dealer). Thinking ahead, I brought in the receipt for the spacers and made sure to tell them to check the repair history so they see I complained about the problem BEFORE the spacers... Do you know they STILL mentioned the spacers and said they were doing me a favor making a 2nd attempt? I said HORSE__IT... now my 3rd attempt for same problem and I've pulled the spacers off just so they have LESS of an excuse to just turn me away... lol.

L

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster on S6?