A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Sprint Booster on S6?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have crap for throttle response on an accelertor pedal and you have a weak car, then yes... perhaps you have a need for something that allows you a WOT at an earlier depression of a pedal. However, if you have a powerful car this thing is counter productive and almost dangerous as it does not allow for proper throttle control.

Originally Posted by RobE
LOL! Go over to Planet-9 and you'll see almost universal positive feedback for the current model (2 mode) Sprint Booster for the 987 cars (Boxster/Cayman).

For a heel-toe on the accelerator driver, it makes a world of difference in the responsiveness of the throttle. It really gives the Porsche a different personality.

Does it add power? No. They make no claims to this.

Can similar results be achieved by mashing the accelerator pedal? Possibly. But

Is it snake oil? I don't think so.

Is it worth the $300? That's purely subjective. The least I could spend on an ECU flash is a grand, and to get 10 WHP and torque. Power I would likely not feel very much. $300 was an inexpensive way to make my 987 more fun.

I have an 01 B5 A4 1.8T w/APR Stage 1 and am going to try out a Sprint Booster in it too. 30 day money back, not much risk IMO.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pedal Commander

Originally Posted by Leeladisky
Agreed, but interested to know if it eliminates or exacerbates the problems in the transmission....I'm desperate to resolve the very dramatic shift lag. I had a pro race driver friend tell me that driving in my car was "wholly uncomfortable" in light of the shift lag and surge.
I searched a lot in this and never got a real response from anyone. Here is what I experienced. I got a 2017 Audi C7.5 S6. It’s response was bad as many of us have experienced. Spent $300 or so on one called “pedal commander”. Took 15 minutes. Fixed the problem 90%. I say 90% because I think part of the problem is DSG related. Can’t do anything about that IMO. You can’t replicate via your foot or other tactics. It changes the whole response of the pedal. It was worth it. I’d say get it. It may be better than a chip for response sake.