A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Taurus SHO smoked a A6 3.0T?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gotta love the subliminal message:

implied snow surrounding the road, so this is where the Audi should be king. But wait, the Taurus is overtaking it!

Given the $20k price difference, I doubt many would be in the market for both cars. But Ford can dream on.

Rory
Old 08-26-2009, 07:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They are lining up their fastest performance sedan against Audi's regular midsize sedan. The comparison is flawd if it is based on performance. Simply put, it is apples and oranges comparison.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rory
implied snow surrounding the road, so this is where the Audi should be king. But wait, the Taurus is overtaking it!Given the $20k price difference, I doubt many would be in the market for both cars. But Ford can dream on.
Rory
It worked for Hyundai...the Ford AWD (not SHO) Taurus is actually a roomy well built car from all reports..of course it's not in the same class as the Audi but either was the Hyundai to the Lexus..it's just smart marketing especially in a tight economy.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

A similar comparison is between the Infiniti G35 (and Mustang GT) with 300hp vs the BMW 328i with 235hp. The cost is about the same (or the G/Mustang might be slightly cheaper), but the G/Mustang can smoke the bimmer. But then the argument has always been that its not all about the speed/power - i.e the power delivery, handling, refinement, interior detail, badge prestige should all be considered.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not looking to trade, but this weekend my wife and I were out for a drive and I told her I wanted to stop at the local Ford dealer to look at the new Taurus- she immediately put her hand to my forehead and asked if I was feeling alright. Well, they had no Tauri, but my wife did keep a very watchful eye on me for the rest of the day!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LT2BLT2A6
I'm not looking to trade, but this weekend my wife and I were out for a drive and I told her I wanted to stop at the local Ford dealer to look at the new Taurus- she immediately put her hand to my forehead and asked if I was feeling alright. Well, they had no Tauri, but my wife did keep a very watchful eye on me for the rest of the day!
I saw one at the LA show, it was a *very popular car with everyone, you can tell Ford is quite serious about the fit and finish. I'll bet it sells. No, Audi is not worried but you can bet allot of other's are and it shows what the US can build and should of been building all along. The consensus at the LA show was COTY award..we'll see. No I don't work for ford and yes I own a wonderful A6. Check the ford Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhpykn7pN80
Old 08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for sharing the video. IMO, the more the competition, the better it is for us - the consumers!!

Originally Posted by mystrodo
I saw one at the LA show, it was a *very popular car with everyone, you can tell Ford is quite serious about the fit and finish. I'll bet it sells. No, Audi is not worried but you can bet allot of other's are and it shows what the US can build and should of been building all along. The consensus at the LA show was COTY award..we'll see. No I don't work for ford and yes I own a wonderful A6. Check the ford Vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhpykn7pN80
Old 08-27-2009, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The Taurus actually have a very nice looking interior, its almost as nice as a Lincoln. If I were GM, I would be very worry. What ever Ford like to claim, it is not a direct competition for the A6.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can honestly say that this Taurus SHO is probably the only American car I'd choose to drive.

However, given a choice I will always go German. As it is, i'm seriously regretting the crappy Honda TSX (errr...Acura) I leased as a 2nd car.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

yeah, i'm sure they really pressed down hard on the Audi's go pedeal....

and I'm sure they also turned off ESP and they also applied the brakes and revved up the engine before launching....

Sure, the new SHO is quick, good on ya. But 7 seconds to 60 for a 4.2?

Who was driving... Ms. Daisy?

the 4.2 is a low 6 second to 6 flat machine, period.

And of course they avoided going against the new 3.0T because it is basically the same concept.. in a just as fast/faster, better looking, more luxurious car.

Quick Reply: Taurus SHO smoked a A6 3.0T?