A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Is there a way to disable bluetooth or answe on just my cell for certian calls?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a way to disable bluetooth or answe on just my cell for certian calls?

Alright, I have been in the car several times where I either had to ignore the call or answer and tell them I will call them back because it was personal information and I have someone else in the car where they did not need to hear my conversation.

I do not want to disable the Bluetooth completely as I love it and is a great option. I also hate ignoring them or having to call them back all the time.

So is there a way to just answer with the cell phone when bluetooth is connected or does it need to be disconnected every time I have one of these calls?

By the way I have a blackberry, maybe a button on the phone I can hit to quickly disconnect these called from bluetooth?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by larsenracing
Alright, I have been in the car several times where I either had to ignore the call or answer and tell them I will call them back because it was personal information and I have someone else in the car where they did not need to hear my conversation.

I do not want to disable the Bluetooth completely as I love it and is a great option. I also hate ignoring them or having to call them back all the time.

So is there a way to just answer with the cell phone when bluetooth is connected or does it need to be disconnected every time I have one of these calls?

By the way I have a blackberry, maybe a button on the phone I can hit to quickly disconnect these called from bluetooth?
My phone has an option for that (switch audio to phone). it's a motorola w755
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the iPhone there is. Not on my old razr though
Old 08-09-2009, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a BB Storm. On occasion I have see a "Route call to handset" message pop up on the phone. I believe there is function on the phone that allow this.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:01 AM
No Bozos!

On the Curve there is a setting to auto answer calls or not. On mine I have it set to "Never" and I then choose to answer calls or let them go to VM. If I don't want to answer the call after seeing the number displayed on the MMI screen I click the left thumbwheel to end call and it gets directed straight into VM.
Old 08-09-2009, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I normally press Loudspeaker to get the audio back to my phone, once it's in loudspeaker mode, Headset will be available as an option. That does it everytime i need to take a personal call using my Vertu. Same design applies on any other Nokia or Vertu phones.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great ideas guys. I will have to play more with the phone when a call comes in. The way you BB guys say there should be a way to go just the phone.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My phone has that option too. There is a bluetooth button in one of the call answering(?) menus and as soon as I hit that button while the bell is ringing, it transfers the call from bluetooth to my phone's internal speaker/microphone.