A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Turn signal blink Orange?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal blink Orange?

Found this information on Europrice.us website. Does anyone know how to make our turn signal blink Orange instead of Red?

A6, S6 Taillights
With these taillights the turn signal appears red when in active and blinks orange when activated for added safety as they do in the rest of the world. Adds a unique touch and measure of safety to your A6 or S6. Different taillights apply to certain model years, inquire for details.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

First of all u have to change taillights from US standard to european standard.
Then change country-coding in "Bordnetz I" from US-3 to Rest-of-world-1 and in "Komfortsystem" remove SAE-taillights and program "+131072 - taillights LED" if u applied.

I do not provide any warranty with regard to the correctness and completeness of the information.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by am_ver
Found this information on Europrice.us website. Does anyone know how to make our turn signal blink Orange instead of Red?

A6, S6 Taillights
With these taillights the turn signal appears red when in active and blinks orange when activated for added safety as they do in the rest of the world. Adds a unique touch and measure of safety to your A6 or S6. Different taillights apply to certain model years, inquire for details.
My S6 "accidentally" came with the European taillights. Guess it slipped through the production line or they ran out of the US spec ones and they wanted to push the car out.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had checked into this with my 06' Avant -- but not easily possible?? -- I was told - due to something about the VAG setting to switch to yellow activation in rear tail light -- would mess smoething else up in the other US spec required ? -- A few years back -- so can't recall further details . My 10' Avant rear tailights DO NOT have "inactive" yellow bulbs however??..FYI
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually looked into this because I wanted to change to the amber turn signals. In order to make that happen you have to change the whole tail light assembly. Our NA market cars do not have the bulb holder, nor the access to the segment in the tails to use the proper bulb holder. OEMplus has the euro tails with amber turn signals for about $300 per pair if I'm not mistaken. Then you may or may not have to change your settings to ROW. As far as concerns about changing to ROW...I can assure you that it doesn't mess anything up. I have had it done so I can activate the fogs with parking only feature, and it hasn't had any other unwanted settings.

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=929
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Found a pic of what the EU spec C6 tails look like and what actually blinks amber.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I dont see what the big deal is on that one. I can live without that.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by The_Mizarc
I dont see what the big deal is on that one. I can live without that.
I think others thought that the LED strip on top blinks amber. If that was the case then yeah, that would be pretty trick. I had the EU tails on my 07 Passat wagon where the outer ring would light up red as the tail light, and then blink amber as the turn signal. But yeah....those up there....I do just fine without them.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:22 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Interesting that you mention activating fogs with parking lights only. My '08 came this way from the factory and is not coded as RoW.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Someone with an non-US vehicle needs to verify what blinks orange, an extra row of LEDs by the brake lamps, or the clear portion next to the reverse lights.

This is Europrice's description of the EU lights:

"A6, S6 Taillights
With these taillights the turn signal appears red when in active and blinks orange when activated for added safety as they do in the rest of the world."

This implies that it is an extra row of LEDs by the brake lamps, but based on the previously posted test mule photo, it appears not.

Quick Reply: Turn signal blink Orange?