A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Vag-Com and Adaptive Brake Light?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Vag-Com and Adaptive Brake Light?

The info below is from the Ross-Tech Website. Has anyone tried these codes? From what I understand, the blinking is to make hard braking more noticeable in an emergency stop:

Channel 050: Adaptive Brake Light
+1 = Emergency Brake Blinking
+2 = Brake Light Surface Amplification (only Sedan)
Note: Adaptation value is the sum of the individual options.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen someone with +1 option. It's a very good feature. I often have to reach out for the emergency light whenever the front vehicle breaks hard for traffic and the behind car is flying toward me on the highway. I have no idea that the +2 option is.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlueSander
I have seen someone with +1 option. It's a very good feature.
Thanks for the thoughts. Do you know if all lights or just the center does this? I believe that this should better get attention from behind.

I'm new to VAG-COM and while I've cleared a couple of codes, I've never changed a setting. It's unclear to me exactly what I do to put this in. Could someone please break this down the procedure cookbook-style like I'm a 6th grader? The documentation I've seen doesn't seem that clear. Thanks!
Old 10-09-2010, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It's all 3 lights. You can do a search on Youtube, they have it there or just look through feature video for the new Porsche Cayanne, they have those enabled since factory on new model.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Awesome! Anyone here done it?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Old thread, but I thought I'd see if anyone has done this. I've used VAG-COM for resetting fault codes and service reminders, but I'm afraid I just don't quite understand what I need to input here. This sounds like a great feature that could improve vehicle safety (and it's cool), so I would've expected more to have tried it. Any thoughts would be great!
Old 06-05-2011, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I enabled it on my Avant, but I have to say I haven't actually seen it in action. I should get one of my buddies to drive the car and break really hard to see if it works.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cebo0650
I enabled it on my Avant, but I have to say I haven't actually seen it in action. I should get one of my buddies to drive the car and break really hard to see if it works.
I did it on my avant as well. If I press brake sudently, the car goes into this 'all out braking' routine and the guy in the rear view mirror looks like he is pooping his pants. probubly because the light is blinking. or maybe because I got the best brakes.

Last edited by beep-beep; 06-07-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 391 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by cebo0650
Same here for our Avant. I cannot tell you if it is actually working though.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Same here for our Avant. I cannot tell you if it is actually working though.
I am a novice, can you help me figure out how to enable this or point me to a resource to get up to speed? I've looked around quite a bit and still haven't seen a good tutorial to get started

Quick Reply: Vag-Com and Adaptive Brake Light?