A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

w00t!! MMI SW upgrade on my 05 done!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default w00t!! MMI SW upgrade on my 05 done!

My Dealer did the MMI software upgrade for me and I am now free of the legal screen! Also, full bluetooth functionality for wifey's Verizon Moto E815, Bose settings that will hopefully stick and possibly more. One additional thing that I noticed that I don't think was there before is that when the MMI displays the radio stations, it now shows the artist and title of the song. MMI only - not in the center cluster like the A-3 loaner I had.

I (we) owe a big thanks to pierreb who posted the TSB. His post is linked below and my version #s are now identical to his pic in the post. I can't think of any reason why you would not want to do this. All I did was print out the TSB, give it to my service advisor and asked that it be done along with the 15,000 service.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/c6a6/msgs/29225.phtml">MMI TSB</a></li></ul>
Old 01-05-2007, 06:03 AM

Default My dealer initially would not do the upgrade either until...

I showed them the TSB from pierreb's post (thanks pierreb). But, I had to wait for about three weeks (Jan 10th, next week) for an Audi factory tech (that what the dealer said) to do the work.

I had the BOSE surround sound problem. Originally, the dealer wanted to replace the entire stero system. Took two trips and the TSB to get the dealer to agree to do the MMI software upgrade.

Hopefully the upgradw will finally allow me to use my Nokia N80 with it.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying again next week. Hopefully the 3rd times the charm
Old 01-05-2007, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Had it done last week

I emailed the dealer the TSB and initially they said they can do it while I wait, but then found out that they actually didn't have the disc, so they had to call the field tech. The car was done in a couple of hours (I went home in the meantime).

While they had initially no clue about the TSB or what to do about it, they didn't give me any grief whatsoever. This was Carlsen.

Now my car is lawyer screen fee, and surround sticks
Old 01-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Cat Herder

you're most welcome!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: w00t!! MMI SW upgrade on my 05 done!

Yes, thank you Pierre. I finally was able to get mine done after a whole week in the shop and countless phone calls.
27.4 is the version with new splash screen and no more laywer screen.
This also fixed the start button but have not yet tested both keys.
They said that could not replicate the mirror issue but sure enough as soon as I backed out of my spot the mirror did not return to its correct position...oh well...

I noticed in the new version that the navigation has altitude option but maybe it was there before and never noticed.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:13 PM
Cat Herder

Default nope. alt. option is new...glad to see you finally got your way!

it was on in the Q7 loaner I had, so I was definitely curious to see if we would get it too...works great!
Old 01-06-2007, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: nope. alt. option is new...glad to see you finally got your way!

It's not just about having it my way but rather the right way. Why does it have to be so painful though is a mystery to me.
AoA will follow up with me on Monday and we always hope they may start listening...
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 AM
Cat Herder

agreed, it shouldn't be this difficult. this should be SOP for all MMI &amp; BT complaints.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default New features in 27.4

A part for the already mentioned altitude display and Bluetooth functionality I found out that when not on a known road the middle display shows "off road". Also and most welcome is the list of the latest selected cities when inputting a new address.

Quick Reply: w00t!! MMI SW upgrade on my 05 done!