A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Weird things happened before she just died on me

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird things happened before she just died on me

So i drove home from work on a Friday night and it snowed about three inches and then I woke up Saturday to drive my car and noticed the sound to my radio would not even make any noise. I tried to cut it off. Radio would not cut off to save its life. MMI would work but just static. Just an annoying low static sound the whole time even if the car was off which dramatically ran down my battery bc it took a couple of seconds to start up.

So i left her alone for a few hours and i get in my car to try and start her up and all of sudden the instrument panel lights are just blinking at me and nothing will not work, car will not lock prob bc the battery is dead but im not sure if they blink at you just bc the battery is dead but anyway something is seriously wrong here.

I have an 06 audi a6 3.2 with MMI Navi. The MMI seems to be working before it wouldnt start but the only thing is when i tried to go to sound on the fm/am button it just froze

Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions...??? Luckily, Im waiting on audi roadside assistance to come pick it up. Has 46k on it...still under factory warranty thank god
Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by elcid09au06xha
So i drove home from work on a Friday night and it snowed about three inches and then I woke up Saturday to drive my car and noticed the sound to my radio would not even make any noise. I tried to cut it off. Radio would not cut off to save its life. MMI would work but just static. Just an annoying low static sound the whole time even if the car was off which dramatically ran down my battery bc it took a couple of seconds to start up.

So i left her alone for a few hours and i get in my car to try and start her up and all of sudden the instrument panel lights are just blinking at me and nothing will not work, car will not lock prob bc the battery is dead but im not sure if they blink at you just bc the battery is dead but anyway something is seriously wrong here.

I have an 06 audi a6 3.2 with MMI Navi. The MMI seems to be working before it wouldnt start but the only thing is when i tried to go to sound on the fm/am button it just froze

Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions...??? Luckily, Im waiting on audi roadside assistance to come pick it up. Has 46k on it...still under factory warranty thank god
idk if its the same thing but i drove through the snow a few years back in my a4..a couple hours later the alarm starting going off and the car wouldnt start. had it towed to audi and months later they said that a rubber grommit had slipped and the electrical system went out..it could be the same thing. i hope its not tho
Old 02-13-2010, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had the static sound appear one day when it was cold - it wouldn't cut off even when I tried to turn off the radio. It appeared to come up when making turns. It hasn't appeared since that one time.

It appears to be a bug - there is a thread on the static issue; I think KevinGary's TSBs has a TSB for this; take a look at his sig.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So come to find out the battery was dead, however when the tow guy was trying to tow it he had to hook up to the wheel bc of the way it was parked. We jumped it off and now the tire pressure monitoring system showed failure once we got it started but now the radio works??? I still had him tow it bc its gotta go there anyway bc the battery died from the radio still being on after the car was off.

Audi is going to pretty much hate me after all this. Thank god for factory warranties till 50k
Old 02-14-2010, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think I had something similar happen a couple of weeks ago...

As I pulled into the driveway with the radio on, I noticed a high pitched squeal coming from the speakers. Even with the radio AND the iginition off, the noise persisted. Rebooting the MMI didn't help - and it caused a lot of bad static from the speakers during the process. After a little while, I got out the manual, located the fuse that controlled the BOSE amp and MMI and pulled it. Noise stoped, car ran fine - just no radio or MMI function. Left the fuse out and took it to the dealer the following week and they ended up reflashing the battery management software and updating my MMI software. All works fine now except I just noticed that the climate control setup screens no longer display on the MMI. Need to call the dealership next week.

Would be interested to know what caused your issue when they find it.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 924 Likes on 756 Posts

The TSB is in the TSB library I set up with Dr. Cold (link is in my signature). Just go to the stereo section of the library and you will see a link for the a TSB entitled "No audio sound or screeching sound in very cold weather". Good luck.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ok so I got my a6 back today and they concluded that it was my fault that the battery went dead. They said that i spilled something on my MMI buttons which caused it stick and therefore the radio malfunctioned. In the meantime the audi service guy tried to charge me a $48 dollar diagnostic fee??? its under warranty dude. He waived the fee after hassling with him over the warranty. Oh yeah and he said that my battery had 60% of life left. I ran a battery check on it and it does not need to be replaced. Man audi delearships must be really hurting for some $$$