A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

What prices are people getting on 07 A6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody has different needs, and what fits one person, won't work for another.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold My Lexus To Buy My First Audi

I drove two LS430's for 5 years without a problem and without enjoying any true driving characteristics. Lexus may be changing this slowly, but I really look forward to driving my A6 every day. I found the Lexus void of soul but very reliable. I am glad I made the change and can again enjoy an exhaust note and rock solid handling. Life is too short to drive an appliance. Good luck Doc!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:27 PM

Default 2007 A6s are Slooooooooowly starting to come in.

I only have 3 in stock and I'm a big dealer.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure you buy extended warranty for your Audi.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 55.5k for an 07 4.2 that listed for 59k plus

this included the service contract thrown in for free.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: You're both buying off the lot at year end with factory incentives. Not applicable here I think.

I agree - this is not an apples to apples comparo. However, my point is I don't believe in paying a premium or even sticker to purchase a new vehicle. That's why I drove a couple of hundred miles to get my new A6. The local stealership in Jacksonville wanted to sell me a one year old A6 with no options and 21k miles for three or four thousand less than a brand new ride with options. It is all about the people you deal with. Get online and shop if you are willing to travel. It is worth it.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It's hardly a stealership if a dealer wants MSRP. Maybe if they wanted more than MSRP when

the car doesn't warrant it. Sometimes a product demands MSRP AND more. Supply and demand. It's part of the wonderful capitalist system. More often than not, the consumer gets a discount from the asking price, but sometimes the shoe is on the other foot.

And then there are salespeople who take unpaid leave to attend classes on both their product and take their own time to investigate the competition. Just like you expect to get paid more for being an expert of some kind, if you encounter such a salesperson, then you should expect to allow a bit extra when comparing dealer offers. After all, they are likely to have educated you in things you may have never otherwise known. If you don't see the value in that, I'm calling your boss to hire some of the guys in front of Home Depot to take over your job for a fraction of the hiring cost;-)
Old 09-07-2006, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: It's hardly a stealership if a dealer wants MSRP. Maybe if they wanted more than MSRP when

When I go into a dealership I usually know as much or more than the sales folk about a vehicle. Yes, I agree that if you get exceptional service then you should be willing to pay more. When a dealer wants more money for the same product as another dealer, then I do have a problem with that. To ask more than MSRP for an A6 I just don't understand how they feel entitled to do that.

And, I do own my own company. Believe me when I say I understand and appreciate what you mean by your comments.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default It really boils down to supply and demand. If the combo of engine, colour and options are

readily available, then that will drive down the price. However, if it's rare or hard to get, it's reflected in the price. Then you've got regional demands. Some areas sell more of a certain model/engine than others. Demand is high in Texas where AlexTTQ works, and dealers somewhat scarce. They often sell out of cars. So a tactic that might work in a place with less demand or more dealers won't work in Texas. That's what makes giving blanket advice on the internet so hard.

I see nothing wrong with your first dealer ASKING for that amount as an opening offer, but they need to be flexible if they wish to compete with a dealer several hundred miles away. That's not always something most customers are prepared to do (if they are even aware of other deals to be had) unless the price difference is considerable. If your business has an element of negotiation, I'm sure you recognize that too.

The problem was that your first dealer had an essentially used car, to which no Audi year end incentives could be applied. Without the incentives, it might have been a decent deal once you'd worked on the price some more. But when compared to the cars that qualified for the incentive, it wasn't such a good deal. They are probably in it for considerably more than somebody could buy the incentivized year end cars, and therefore couldn't compete. That's their problem, not yours.

The reality is that in a year from now you won't remember the price you got, but you will remember the car. Once you've decided on a budget range, just pick the right car and get on with your life. The people who give the highest satisfaction scores are the ones who focus on the car and not the deal, while the bargain hunters are usually the least satisfied. Not sure why, but that's the way it is.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Where was that? I'm in SoCal

Quick Reply: What prices are people getting on 07 A6?