A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Why does my seat keep moving!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does my seat keep moving!?!?!?

Okay, so after I leased my Audi A6 a couple of months ago, I would notice randomly that my seat is in an uncomfortable position where I can't reach the pedals. I'd think, "Did I get shorter?"

After this happened a few times, I thought maybe it was resetting everytime I exited the car because it was not saving to memory. But nope... That wasn't it.

Then today, I went through the drive-thru at the bank. I pulled up a little far, so I opened the door and reached over to give the teller my check. When I closed the door back, I realized suddenly my feet could barely touch the pedals again.

WTF? Is this normal? Anyone else have this issue where they have to readjust their seats almost every other day?
Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On some cars with certain option packages when you open the door the seats and steering wheel move away to allow easier access to get in and out. On the door of the car just push the on/off button for the memory seats and that should keep your seats from moving on their own.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kemer1
On some cars with certain option packages when you open the door the seats and steering wheel move away to allow easier access to get in and out. On the door of the car just push the on/off button for the memory seats and that should keep your seats from moving on their own.
I didn't think the seats were meant to do this. I know the steering wheel does (if you have the option) but the can be disabled with the little button by the position adjuster.

As far as the seat, I know the positions can be tied to the remotes (in addition to the memory buttons on the door), and that is adjusted when you open a door with the remote near the car. So if you adjust it manually after you get in, it will reset to the remote's settings the next time a door is opened. I think this is what you have going on... You should follow the procedure in the manual for tying seat memory to remotes, thereby saving you new settings as opposed to the old owner/driver. Or I believe you can turn off the option all together in the MMI.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I had the exact opposite happen to me on my 2010 Q7; this morning after parking the car for an hour when I got back in I noticed the seat was moved forward a bit and then when I sat down the seat moved all the way forward on it's own! I then moved it back wondering if it would stay...which it did. Now I'm worried about what will happen the next time I get in!
Old 01-18-2023, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 107 Posts

turn off seat memory switch on the door, or reprogram it.